X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bambahtg9700
    • May 2005

Volume control on the RSX-1055

Does anyone else have problems controlling the volume on the RSX-1055 when using the remote. I've used the the native remote and other universal remotes but the result is the same.

I cannot hold down the volume button so that the sound level lowers/rises continuously. I have to press the button constantly to get the volume to go up a level.

Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Any plasma's around or are you using an IR repeating system?

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

• bambahtg9700
      • May 2005

I'm using a Pioneer 50" plasma (with external tuner) and rotel rdv-1060. Thanks.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Does it work correctly with the plasma off?

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
          • Nov 2002

My 1055 does seem to require depressing the volume button several times in some cases as it will not always continue to adjust volume when the remore button is held depressed. Sometimes it seems as though holding it down more firmly does help. I've not tried any trouble shootng as it's never been that big a bother. Let us know what you find out.

So yes, I have. Also, no repeater in use or plasma.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

I have the RSX 1055 and dont seem to have this problem.

Comment

• bambahtg9700
              • May 2005

I turned off my plasma and it looks like it is the tv that interferring with the receiver. is there a solution to this? what is a repeater? thanks.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

A repeater is an IR transmitting device used for taking in IR at one point and relaying it back to your equipment. Usefull if your equipment is in a cabinent or another room. It's good you don't have one as they have more problems with interference than AV gear.

Now, all plasma's give out IR interference. Usually the residential grade have shielding for this, but no one ever tells you why some plasma's are more expensive than others.

To solve your problem we need to either A) get rid of the interference, or B) let less of it in.

With A), you can move the 1055 to an area hidden from the plasma. This, however, will require an IR repeater. To get one that blocks stray IR you're looking at about $300. Not a good solution. So lets go with...

B) You need to block the IR receiver on the 1055 enough to keep stray IR out, but not enough to block the remote from working. You can move the 1055 around and see if it helps (IE 1" back, forward, left, right..) Very slight movements can help out. You can also put something in front of the IR receiver (circle right under the power switch). You can try scotch tape, tracing paper, regular paper, thin masking tape, etc.. Play around to you find one that will block the weak plasma IR, but let in the strong remote IR.

Once you find what works, trim it to look nice.

If you purchased the TV and Rotel at the same dealer, they should be willing to come out and do this for you.

Good luck,

Kevin D.

Comment

• bambahtg9700
                  • May 2005

Thanks Kevin. Taping it up with a non-translucent tape did the trick. Now the trick is to find a way to not make it look ugly...

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"