X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

SSP600 passthrough ? ? ?

Hi folks,

We all now that the CP500/700 have a passthrough funtion (change a inputname into SSP) .

I tried it on a SSP600, but it won't work.
    I planned a second pre/pro for HD sound, I don't like the bassmanagement of the current BD players.

Does anyone now if there ís a hidden future or the possibility for a dedicated passthrough on the SSP600?

I prefer a passtrhrough, I don't want two pre/pro's with double volume settings. So just connect on a input won't work for me!

Or passthrough, or nothing!

A SSP800 is yet to expensive in Europe (12000 dollars), CP500 could be the alternative (secondhands for 3500 - 4000 dollars, I could sell my SSP600 for the same amount).
    Maybe there is someone in the Netherlands for a trade
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

There isn't anything on the SSP-600 that acts like a processor thruput where the volume control is bypassed and the preamp goes to unity gain. There is an analog bypass option for the balanced input but the volume control is still in the signal path.

Eric

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
      • Dec 2002

Problem solved, I just purchased a SSP800.

It will arrives next week. Got my dream together: SSP800, CA5200 and a CDP300

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Congratulations. You're going to love it.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
          Problem solved, I just purchased a SSP800.

It will arrives next week. Got my dream together: SSP800, CA5200 and a CDP300
          Nice enjoy
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

I'm happy that you have the SSp800 :T

Finally arrived !!

groeten Style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
              • Dec 2002

Thanks folks!

@style: de groeten terug :P

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

heft du nog de rack voor Claase?

svp. sture en PM!!!

groeten Style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                  • Dec 2002

I do have 3 plates as a leftover. I don't have the iron parts.

Sent me a PM if interested.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                    • Dec 2002

I drove yesterday on or about 10 hrs, but the SSP800 is playing!

Love it! The difference between the 600 and 800 on HD is enormous (duh... no HD on the SSP600 ) but the difference in stereo is less big than I thought, based on opinions on the net.

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

ok the SSP600 in stereo was connect all in analogue, with the SSP800 yuo have better quality with a hdmi / coax. cable or???

in HT the SSP800 is amazing!

Enjoy.

groetjes
                      style

Comment

• alebonau
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                        I drove yesterday on or about 10 hrs, but the SSP800 is playing!

Love it! The difference between the 600 and 800 on HD is enormous (duh... no HD on the SSP600 ) but the difference in stereo is less big than I thought, based on opinions on the net.
                        not suprised, my cousin had the 600, he too found only so far can take the 600 for ht and a big step upgrading from it to something with HD ability. Its why the 600s go for peanuts these days. And yeah having demoed vs the 800 he too found not much between them for 2ch stereo. Nothing infact. So yeah as always, as you have found pays to check things out your self and not always a good idea to believe all you read on the net !

ps if looking for a step up in 2ch stereo, I would suggest worth checking out a 2ch pure analog preamp with ht bypass. And you dont have to take anyones word for it, can demo for yourself to decide if its something of interest
                        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by style
                          Hoi Blue-Eyes,

ok the SSP600 in stereo was connect all in analogue, with the SSP800 yuo have better quality with a hdmi / coax. cable or???

in HT the SSP800 is amazing!

Enjoy.

groetjes
                          style
                          I connect with XLR bypass, HDMI en SPDIFF.
                          I listened just one hour, to less to make conclusions. There are differences, but not as big as I expected based on the reviews on the net.

I believe a transport makes also a difference. But with HDMI (if jitterfree) could that be outdated, better saying wiht good integrated HDMI is the quality of a transport less important.

If so, I will sell my CDP300 en will buy a Oppo or something. Better to sell and invest the money in other upgrades like 2 Velodyne DD15 or something.
                          Last edited by Blue-Eyes; 26 April 2010, 15:47 Monday.

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Hi,

A Cdp102 have the same audio parts inside like the CDP300:

Classe Switzerland say me: with a player like the Cdp102 (and is not a soo unexpensive player) is better use the coax. cable! don't make sense use the Xlr with the Cdp102, the Dac from the SSP800 is much better and you go have a better sound using this player like a drive .

With a Cdp202 use the Xlr make the difference but with the price from a Cdp202 in europa I prefer go with a cd player like Esoteric, Accuphase,....

@alebonau: yes, a "pure 2 channel preampli with HT bypass" is the top solution BUT is $$$ a extra CP700 or a premapli at the level from the others compoment is a expensive choice: if you can.....
                            the Denon in stereo in not at the level from the SSP800 : you must the same make if you willl have a 2 channel pure stereo sound!

Blue, if you can have a possibiliy the sell the cdp300 at good price buy a good
                            DIGITAL player (bluray) and you can use your dvd, the new BR disc and the CD music!!!
                            the cdp300 was in the home from a lot of the htguide members but 8 to 10 have sell this unit!

2 x Velo DD15? ok, great for HT but for stereo you stay at the same place.

spv. Stuur me een PM voor racks en andere informatie ...!
                            (een collega van mij is in Nederland voor Koninginnedag)

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                              • Dec 2002

2 * Velodyne: just for my HT, I play stereo without subs.
                              I want to use separate L/R subs.

I just bought a Oppo BDP-83, now waiting on delivery, will be arrive in 1 or 2 weeks. There isn't any stock left by my dealer.

p.s Style: I allready sent you a PM , or did'nt I? I told you about the 3 levels, these are a leftovers, just want to have my cost for those things. You should arrange the iron parts. Or alu, etc.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                • Dec 2002

I tested this evening. And with better results.

The Classe CDP300, connected with XLR, bypass, sounds a lot better than the HDMI of SPDIFF connection.
                                Sound from HDMI sticks between the speakers, with the analogue connection sounds get wide, stage en height. Details are the same.

So, I will keep the CDP300.

I think that i'm the first one? The rest sticks to HDMI, with a cheaper transport.

Comment

• style
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2006

Hi Blue-Eyes,

that strange but too very personal -> the Dac from the SSP800 is much better as what the Cdp300 can give you...this is on the paper, theory....

But a digital sourge will be sound better with a digital connection.
                                  can be better but "a lot" I find too much... (my opinion - personal taste!)

style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                    • Dec 2002

Its a lot, sure.
                                    Sound sticks between the speakers, that bad and ugly. Sound should be wide far beneath the speakers, creating a stage, depth and height.

Think that there is more than just a DAC. Connections, transport, etc. etc. Digital is not the holy grail, there's more in audioland.

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"