X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

Rb-1582 Vs Rmb-1077

Hello out there.

I have gotten a serious case of the upgrades!
    I currently use a Rotel 1077 connected to a 1570 processor, which drive a pair of PSB Synchrony One's.

However....I've been considering buying a class AB 2 Channel Rotel again.

Anybody out there have the opportunity to compare the 2?
    My dealer doesn't stock the 1582 unfortunately. I heard the latest Class D amps and was not impressed. I thought the 1077 was much more musical. So I'm questioning whether or not the 1582 would be a forward or backward step in musicality.

Thanks!
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but the 1077 is a great amp. I'm sorry I sold mine.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• leo2498
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chanlon
      Hello out there.

I have gotten a serious case of the upgrades!
      I currently use a Rotel 1077 connected to a 1570 processor, which drive a pair of PSB Synchrony One's.

However....I've been considering buying a class AB 2 Channel Rotel again.

Anybody out there have the opportunity to compare the 2?
      My dealer doesn't stock the 1582 unfortunately. I heard the latest Class D amps and was not impressed. I thought the 1077 was much more musical. So I'm questioning whether or not the 1582 would be a forward or backward step in musicality.

Thanks!
      Hi the 1077 is a class D amp? I have the rb1582 and I was compared it with the D series and the RB is much better amp, more musical less harsh; IMHO I think for listen music a class D amp do not work well.
      Leo,
      Saludos
      My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• chanlon
        • Sep 2003

Hi there. It is a Class D amp but from all my readings, its the best incarnation Rotel made. :-) It contains the more expensive, original B&W 250ASP ICE Module in the front 2 Channels. I still find it a little too forward sounding in a lot of recordings

So...here are my options.....

1) Purchase an Arcam A38 Integrated Amp which I have on loan, and use its Home theatre bypass switch. It sounds sweet bty. I'll use the Rotel 1570 as my home theatre unit. Approx $2200 CDN

2) Purchase a used 1582 ($900 CDN), and use it to power the front 2 Channels. Then use the 1077 to power the other channels. I don't have the ability to audition this one however. And my dealer is skeptical that its better than my 1077.

Thoughts?

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

mmmm, my thoughts.....

Arcam make some really nice gear. If you like the sound maybe this will give you stereo nirvana. However, I am unsure about mixing it with Rotel, especially for the front pair in a surround setup.

Therefore, why not try the second option, perhaps the extra power will suit your front pair nicely, it will have the same (or very close) signature as the 1077. And if you're not happy with the results, you will not lose as much passing on a used amp.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• mb225
            • Jan 2009

I currently own an RB-1582. I never listened to the 1077, but I did hear the RSX-1560 (100wpc Class-D Rotel receiver). I would imagine the 1077 and RSX-1560 would be similar? Maybe not?

At my local dealer, I compared the RSX-1560 to the RB-1582 to give me an idea between Rotel's class-AB and class-D. For me, there was no comparison. The class-D sounded harsh and lacked bass. As soon as we moved to the 1582, it was completely obvious (to me) that class-d was not for me. The 1582 added warmth and bass.

Your results may vary and obviously this is also a matter of personal taste.

Comment

• chanlon
              • Sep 2003

Thanks everyone for your contributions. I'm going to play with the Arcam this weekend and see what I will come up with. Stay tuned.

Comment

• leo2498
                • Feb 2012

I hardly believe that an amp (7 channel) that cost 2500 usd when was release could be better or have better component that and 1500 stereo amp but well I can be wrong whit this, please feel free to correct me.
                Leo,
                Saludos
                My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chanlon
                  So...here are my options.....

1) Purchase an Arcam A38 Integrated Amp which I have on loan, and use its Home theatre bypass switch. It sounds sweet bty. I'll use the Rotel 1570 as my home theatre unit. Approx $2200 CDN

2) Purchase a used 1582 ($900 CDN), and use it to power the front 2 Channels. Then use the 1077 to power the other channels. I don't have the ability to audition this one however. And my dealer is skeptical that its better than my 1077.
                  Do you have analogue sources for music? If so then I would go for the Arcam amp and connect CD player / DAC / turntable direct to that and use the Rotel 1570 purely for AV.

Eloise

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"