X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bows3r
    • Jul 2010

RB-1572 vs. RB1582

Hi,

I'm considering of buying a stereo power amplifier and I have a question about these two. What is the main difference between RB-1572 and RB-1582?

I know that 1582 is more expensive than 1572. I also know that 1572 is delivering 2x250 watts of Class D power compared to 1582 2x200 watts class A/B power.

I have now RMB-1075 that is class A/B and my speakers are B&W 805 diamonds. I'm going to get 804 diamonds for front and the new amplifier is going to drive them. My old one is going to drive my back channels and the center. Which one would suit me better, the 1572 or the 1582? And could someone explain me the main differences of these two. Why 1582 is more expensive? A local hifistore is selling a second hand 1582 for 850€. It is the same color than my RSP-1570. Should I grap it While they still have it?

Thanks,

Mika.
  • BWzes03
    • Oct 2005

Why the 1582 is more expensive than the 1572 ? Thats easy. Take a look at the specs.
    The 1572 while 2x250W is a class D design, and the 1582 is a class a/b design. This difference puts a lot of strain on the powersupply design. Class A/B needs a huge toroid transformer and high capacity buffers in order to deliver the needed electrical power.
    The class D design can make due with a lot smaller and cooler running switching power supply.
    This means the design of the 1582 calls for a heavy, big box, while the 1572 can be made to fit in a slimline unit, thus the 1572 is cheaper to build.
    850 euros for a 1582 is a pretty good deal.. I say, go,go,go....

Comment

• mb225
      • Jan 2009

I had these same questions about 1 year ago. I wanted to do an A/B comparison between the RB-1572 and the RB-1582. Unfortunately, my dealer only had an RB-1552 (class AB - 120 w/c) and a RSX-1550 (Receiver with class D -100 w/c) available to demo. But it was enough for me to get an idea.

They were setup in different rooms so I couldn't do an exact comparison but again, able to get an idea. At the time I was new to rotel and b&w so it was a learning experience.

I listened to the class D receiver first on a set of B&W CM-9s. I had to ask the dealer if something was wrong with it or the room? The bass was very week and the mids did not sound smooth or fluid at all. Since the room plays a big part in bass and mids I assumed it was the room or the CM-9s. In that same room they had the new NAD receivers (which are class AB). We turned on the NAD and wow!!! The bass came back and mids warmed up. The music came back to life.

I then listened to the RB-1552 and a RC-1550 (preamp) in another room on a set of B&W 803s. The bass was really tight and controlled and it sounded smooth and detailed.

I went shopping that day with the intent of getting a class D rotel b/c I liked the idea of how cool they run and how much less power they need. But at the end of the day I was very disappointed with the class D sound. The dealer told me that for anything high-end he really recommends AB over D. He said the AB amps have a much higher damping factor and therefore have much better control of the speaker.

If you are using it for music I would recommend the 1582 over the 1572; especially if you are powering 804 Diamonds. If you are using it for home theater and are concerned about heat, you may want the 1572. Me, personally, would pick the 1582 over the 1572 for either application (music or HT) but ultimately it will be your choice and this is only my opinion.

I ended up buying B&W 803s and the RB-1582.

I hope this helps, good luck and let us know what you decide.

Comment

• bows3r
        • Jul 2010

Thanks for answers. I'm not worried about 1582 running too hot. Actually my RSP-1570 runs much warmer than my class A/B RMB-1075. Maybe I'll snatch that second hand 1582 if they still got it when I have the money for it.

Comment

• chanlon
          • Sep 2003

Hey gang.

I'm the owner of a Rotel 1077 7 channel amp that I have been using for the past several years happily. Recently I upgraded my speakers to the PSB Synchrony One's. I'm curious to see if I could get a better bass response using a dedicated Rotel 2 Channel Amp. These speakers on a Bryston 4B SST2 pound in the bass department. Its good with the rotel, but not like I had heard with the Bryston. I do understand the Bryston was $4000 US.

I upgraded my 1077 from a RMB-1075 (which I still own for powering Zone2).
          I found that the ICE amplification was a major step forward from the 1075. The sound with a little more rolled off and not as harsh as the 1075. A sound I preferred.

So....my question(s). Anybody out there compare a 1572 vs 1582? My local Rotel dealer does not stock either. I'm thinking I should prob. spring for the 1582 however the ICE amplification in the 1077 I preferred over the A/B stuff in the 1075. Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• srb
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by mb225
            Unfortunately, my dealer only had an RB-1552 (class AB - 120 w/c) and a RSX-1550 (Receiver with class D -100 w/c) available to demo. But it was enough for me to get an idea.

I listened to the class D receiver first on a set of B&W CM-9s.
            Was the receiver you auditioned in fact actually the RSX-1560?

The RSX-1560 has a Class D amplifier (100W/channel with all 7 channels driven) and the RSX-1550 has a Class AB amplifier (75W/channel with all 5 channels driven).

Steve

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"