X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

Connecting Headphone Amp to 1570

Hello,

I'm currently auditioning a Shiit Audio Asgard headphone amplifier with my Rotel 1570 processor. I have the amplifier connected to the line level tape output of the Rotel processor.

However, I also have a Squeezebox Touch (via digital coax) connected to an Arcam rDAC (external Dac), in which the line output is connected to the tape input of the Rotel processor.

I cannot get any audio from the headphones when I select the tape input to listen to the squeezebox. Other sources work except the Squeezebox Touch.

Any idea to what I may be doing incorrect here? The Squeezebox source is really the only source I want to listen to via the headphones.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

The Tape outputs and Zone 2-4 outputs will only output analog sources; they will not output digital sources. Even though your are using the analog line outputs of your Arcam r-DAC, if you have any sound mode enabled other than Analog Bypass, the signal will be digitally processed and therefore there won't be any sound at the Tape outputs.

Check to make sure the Tape input is set to Analog Bypass and not 2-channel PCM (or any other surround sound mode).

Steve

Comment

• chanlon
      • Sep 2003

Thanks Steve for your response.

I do have the input (tape) set to Analog Bypass.
      Still no sound. Hmmmm.....I'm lost on this issue.

Any other suggestions?

Chris

Comment

• chanlon
        • Sep 2003

Just heard back from Rotel. For future reference, this is the response:

When selecting the TAPE Input as the source the TAPE Output is disabled.
        This is to prevent the source signal output from being sent back into the source signal input and creating a signal loop.
        It is assumed that the piece connected to the TAPE Input and Tape Output is a single play/record device.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"