X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Rotel RSP 1572

Hi guys here is some news from Rotel

rAVe [PUBS], founded in 1998 by Gary Kayye, is a news organization that provides coverage of the commercial (ProAV) and residential (HomeAV) audiovisual trade industries via e-newsletters, blogs, video, social media, and a variety of other mediums. The target audience for rAVe's publications is what we call "AV Insiders" -- AV dealers, integrators, consultants, designers, etc. that deal in the sale, specification, design and installation of audiovisual products. We do not target what most people call "end users," though a small percentage of rAVe's readers may qualify as such, especially on the ProAV side of things. The majority of what is provided on this YouTube channel are product pitches filmed at tradeshows from manufacturers and distributors in the AV Industry. These videos are meant to give you an idea about what the product is and why you might consider getting more information. Other videos include rAVe's creative promotional videos and web shorts.
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

Jesus that sounds a little on the cheap side compared to their previous models.

Fish

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

One would hope that Mark Schnoll, Product Manager of the B&W group, wouldn't refer to the RSP-1572 as the RSP-1072 in a video.

As far as the price, $2599 MSRP for the RSP-1570 was overpriced, so the $2199 MSRP for the replacement RSP-1572 is at least an adjustment step in the right direction, but likely still somewhat overvalued.

Steve

Comment

• PSUfan
        • May 2004

I'll be interested to see if they have been able to address the various issues with hdmi that I experienced with the 1570 as others who have discussed it at length. I returned my 1570 and went back to my 1068. Hopefully this unit will be my replacement for it!

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

After standing on your feet for several days plus the required 'entertaining' at night, I doubt I could get the model number right every time either.

RSX-1562 coming next month as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

HDMI has been the single worse Idea what could of been great in our audio video history. Never except DVI has there been so many failed products.
            I don't think Rotel is directly responsible for all the HDMI problems. They are absolutely not alone in this front. I actually wanted to scream so many times with HDMI issues. Produts just not working together , pink green and speckled screen , no sync , works then don't etc etc etc.
            10 Base T sounds like a cool idea but sounds like they are not going to replace HDMI anytime soon or at all. Someone has to come up with a better idea then HDMI did. They are on the right track but fail on every rail.

It's now been a few years since Rotel powered my theater system. I'm curious to see these new models.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Mikael
              Hi guys here is some news from Rotel

http://www.youtube.com/user/ravepubs...16/rHvvdQM_lss
              Interesting "feature"...

'everything gets digitised' does that mean no true analogue bypass any more?

Good or bad? Not sure but thought it was worth commenting.

I also noted the video said 6in 1out: a preliminary spec sheet else where says 6in 2 out which sounds better.

Eloise

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

@dmantis.......agreed on every front. The problems are all related to copy protection, not performance.
                Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Its dual ouput (mirrored, not dual zone). One with ARC.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                    • Oct 2007

Feature request...

Okay, so there's a feature I've never found on an AV processor which I think is seriously missing...

Why can't the 12v triggers "work" according to the sound processing mode?

i.e. Trigger 1 active for 2channel modes
                    Trigger 1 & 2 active for surround modes.
                    Even 1&2 for 5.1 and 1,2&3 for 7.1.

Not anything earth shattering... Just useful!

Eloise

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Can you ellaborate how you would use that?

Kevin D.

Comment

• hurin
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
                        Why can't the 12v triggers "work" according to the sound processing mode?
                        The 12v Tigger will only turn units on or off. To get it to work that way, you'll need two or more amps, one for the fronts and others for the rears.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by hurin
                          The 12v Tigger will only turn units on or off. To get it to work that way, you'll need two or more amps, one for the fronts and others for the rears.
                          Exactly; but that's usual with Rotel having 5 channel and 2 channel units.

Eloise

Comment

• hifiguymi
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007

A work around would be to have two different inputs set up the same with the same inputs assigned but the default sound mode being different and the triggers different. It would depend on whether or not you have an available input.

Eric

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                              A work around would be to have two different inputs set up the same with the same inputs assigned but the default sound mode being different and the triggers different. It would depend on whether or not you have an available input.
                              Yes there's work arounds like that; but not very convinient.

I guess no one else sees it as a useful feature to have...

Eloise

Comment

• JDH
                                • Sep 2004

I've prevously owned the Rotel RSP-1066/1068/1069 and currently an Onkyo PR-SC5507 AV controller. I do actually prefer the simplisity of the Rotel over complexity of the Onkyo which pretty much has everything.

In terms of the RSP-1572, it almost has the features I'd like to be converted back, shame it appears to lack Network capability, (home server, internet radio), Ipod app, option for automated speaker setup and possibly, user defined delays on the 12V trigger, pre-out for front high or wide effect speakers. Some of this could be addressed by adding a Rotel RDG-1520 DAB+ Tuner but just another box that could of easily been integrated into the RSP-1572 like pretty much every other entry/mid level AVR from the likes of Yamaha/Denon/Marantz/Onkyo etc.

I could probably live without most of these extra features as I have other devices that already do it, ie. Slim Devices Transporter, HTPC, Oppo 95 etc, but I assume there would be a lot of buyers that will be expecting it.

That being said when I eventually update my TV and projector to full HD and 3D capability and assuming I have any interest in 3D, I'll give the Rotel further consideration as long as the firmware and video scaler work properly and not like the RSP-1069 I eventually sold for HDMI handshaking issues and useless scaler.
                                Last edited by JDH; 07 October 2011, 20:22 Friday.
                                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• PSUfan
                                  • May 2004

Anyone able to demo or purchase one yet? I was under the impression they would be available this month

Comment

• ADC
                                    • Oct 2011

I picked one up last night and will install this weekend.

Comment

• Sackrat
                                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ADC
                                      Hi ADC, where do you live? I have had my 1572 ordered with my dealer for almost three weeks. I believe they have made an order for them about one week ago so I am hopeful it shows up soon. Let us hear from you after this weekend. Good Luck

Comment

• ADC
                                        • Oct 2011

Picked it up in Baltimore MD

Comment

• Sackrat
                                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ADC
                                          ADC I must ask how the setup went and how are the results so far?? And how user friendly is the unit. I know the Owners Manual sucks plus the RSP 1572 uses a different remote from the RSP 1570. Your thoughts please??

Comment

• ADC
                                            • Oct 2011

Oppo 93 is working for CD and DVD. I have not hooked up TV yet. Mcintosh MC207, BW 805 all sound very nice.

I have nothing to compare it to since I am a new to all this

Comment

• dglozic
                                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ADC
                                              Oppo 93 is working for CD and DVD. I have not hooked up TV yet. Mcintosh MC207, BW 805 all sound very nice.

I have nothing to compare it to since I am a new to all this
                                              Hi ADC. What other speakers beside B&W 805 do you have?

Comment

• ADC
                                                • Oct 2011

B&W ASW10 sub and B&W CMC center. That is it for now.

Comment

• Sackrat
                                                  • Oct 2011

One week ago I removed my 2003 B&K Ref 30 prepro and rewired my cabinet from component to HDMI in preparation for the arrival on my Rotel RSP-1572. It arrived yesterday so I made the connections, configured the inputs, and set up speakers and ran SLP meter gains. What a wonderful sound. I played over the air 5.1 TV, Time Warner 5.1 cable, analog stereo phono, and blu ray lossless audio. All ran great. Still need to set up the bluetooth dongle to play my iPhone music and do a few small tweeks to finalize. I am a happy guy and pleased with the Rotel. Owners manual takes some geting used to though. I printed it from the website several weeks ago to get a head start on understanding the Rotel and determining how I wanted to connect all my stuff. Sure glad I did as it really helped save much time in wiring and understanding the menus. Love the Rotel

Comment

• madmac
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Aug 2010

Ok Sackrat....you are officially a member of this club!!. Why?.......only a audio nut/ dude would download the manual and read it BEFORE even owning the unit!! HEHEHE!!. Most people don't even read the damn manual, even when they get, unpack and connect their gear let alone before!!. Most of the time, I'm an expert of a unit even before I own it because I've gone through the manual with a fine tooth comb like you!! Enjoy your Rotel!!.
                                                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Sackrat
                                                      • Oct 2011

Thanks Madmac Yes I like to know beforehand what I am geting for my money and will it fulfill my AV needs. I spent two weeks reading and highlighting the manual. I had hoped Parasound would have their prepro out a year ago but they scraped it. B&K Ref 70 did not process lossless or do HDMI 1.4 for 3D. I looked at Denon, Marantz, Arcam, NAD, Anthem, and a few others. Almost went for the Integra 80-3. Rotel was best product for me. Plus it is not too tall or too deep. Fits my cabinet perfect. Like Goldie Locks "just right". The only cable I did not have ready to plug into the Rotel when it got here was the firmware update ethernet cable that plugs into the back but is supplied with the Rotel prepro. Ethernet on one end and 9 pin Seriel on the other. Thanks Rotel.
                                                      Last edited by Sackrat; 11 November 2011, 20:32 Friday.

Comment

• Flateng
                                                        • Nov 2011

Rotel RSP 1570

I`ve got my new RSP 1572 yesterday, but i cant get "test tone" to work. In the manual its says that it should work (exept in multi something) but in any other sorround mode it will work. Anyone else with the same problem??

And i have some news for you..

Front hight or center back it option :B

[IMG]Meny[/IMG]

Greatings from Norway =)
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Sackrat
                                                          • Oct 2011

Hi Flateng My Grandmother is from Norway. Good info about the front height or center rear option. I have 7.1 configuration, 3fronts, 2sides, and 2 back's, and 2 subs so not configured for front height. However, it is good to have choices. :B

Comment

• eriblist
                                                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Flateng
                                                            I`ve got my new RSP 1572 yesterday, but i cant get "test tone" to work. In the manual its says that it should work (exept in multi something) but in any other sorround mode it will work. Anyone else with the same problem??

And i have some news for you..

Front hight or center back it option :B

[IMG]Meny[/IMG]

Greatings from Norway =)
                                                            I will believe it is a software error in your RSP-1572, contact your supplier

Comment

• Sackrat
                                                              • Oct 2011

[QUOTE=Flateng]I`ve got my new RSP 1572 yesterday, but i cant get "test tone" to work. In the manual its says that it should work (exept in multi something) but in any other sorround mode it will work. Anyone else with the same problem??

Are you sure you have the amplifiers RCA's pluged into the "pre outs" and not into the "multi inputs" which are located right next to the outs? If you were in a hurry it would be easy to do.

Comment

• Flateng
                                                                • Nov 2011

They are pluged in the "pre outs" so thats not the problem.

Comment

• srb
                                                                  • Oct 2004

As you noted, the tones will only work in a digital surround mode, but do not work in analog bypass mode. Is a surround mode indicated on the display?

Steve

Comment

• Flateng
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by srb
                                                                    As you noted, the tones will only work in a digital surround mode, but do not work in analog bypass mode. Is a surround mode indicated on the display?

Steve
                                                                    Yes it is.

Comment

• SirAtilla
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Nov 2011

I have noticed the exact same problem. I ended up using a blu-ray tone utility to set the levels versus the test tones. I sent a note to B&W Group support a week ago and they have been silent so I plan to follow this week again. Unit has been working fine.

Comment

• Flateng
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by SirAtilla
                                                                        I have noticed the exact same problem. I ended up using a blu-ray tone utility to set the levels versus the test tones. I sent a note to B&W Group support a week ago and they have been silent so I plan to follow this week again. Unit has been working fine.
                                                                        OK, keep us updated :T

Comment

• Sackrat
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Oct 2011

Just to follow up on my earlier post I have paired my iPhone thru bluetooth dongle to the Rotel as well as through an apple cable to USB port. Also I fed the Rotel SACD audio discs and DVD-A audio discs thru HDMI to the Rotel and it processed both no problem.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2006
                                                                            • 2109

When I play an SACD via HDMI and set the player to output PCM, it only works correctly if the output is 88.2kHz. If it is 176.4, the RSP-1572 displays it as Multichannel 176.4 but there is no sound output unless I tell the Rotel to downmix to stereo. Then, the display says "176.4 Multichannel D.mix" and the sound output is stereo only.

Anyone have any similar experience?
                                                                            Kal Rubinson
                                                                            _______________________________
                                                                            "Music in the Round"
                                                                            Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                                            http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• hery19
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Jul 2008
                                                                              • 67

#39
                                                                              RSP-1572 Review

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                                                                              When I play an SACD via HDMI and set the player to output PCM, it only works correctly if the output is 88.2kHz. If it is 176.4, the RSP-1572 displays it as Multichannel 176.4 but there is no sound output unless I tell the Rotel to downmix to stereo. Then, the display says "176.4 Multichannel D.mix" and the sound output is stereo only.

Anyone have any similar experience?
                                                                              Mr. Kal, will you be reviewing the RSP-1572 or is this your personal toy?
                                                                              TV: Sony XBR-85X850G
                                                                              Receiver: Anthem MRX 720
                                                                              Amp: Monolith 7X
                                                                              Speakers: B&W 702 S2 Fronts, HTM71 S2 center, 706 S2 Surrounds
                                                                              Sub: SVS PB 3000
                                                                              Conditioner: Panamax M4300-PM
                                                                              Bluray: OPPO BDP-93 & Panasonic DP-UB820
                                                                              Remote: Harmony One

Comment

• SirAtilla
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Nov 2011
                                                                                • 3

#40
                                                                                An update on the test tones issue.

I talked with B&W support and they had a unit returned with the same issue. When they reset the unit to factory defaults the issue went away. So I sent them my setup from the Rotel Setup Config tool and we are going to do some more debugging.

I will continue to update on the issue.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2006
                                                                                  • 2109

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by hery19
                                                                                  Mr. Kal, will you be reviewing the RSP-1572 or is this your personal toy?
                                                                                  What do you think? :W
                                                                                  Kal Rubinson
                                                                                  "Music in the Round"

Comment

• SirAtilla
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Nov 2011
                                                                                    • 3

#42
                                                                                    All,

I just received word from Rotel support that they have identified the issue where test tones quit working and they said a firmware fix will be available in the next two weeks.

Comment

• Flateng
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2011
                                                                                      • 6

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by SirAtilla
                                                                                      All,

I just received word from Rotel support that they have identified the issue where test tones quit working and they said a firmware fix will be available in the next two weeks.
                                                                                      Thank you for the information :T

Comment

• Sackrat
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2011
                                                                                        • 19

#44
                                                                                        I must correct my statement on post number 37. All of that statement is correct except playing SACD audio discs thru HDMI. The Rotel will play it but it is a stereo feed and my default is to DTS NEO 6. In my haste to get everything up and running I overlooked this fact. However it does sound very good. The Rotel has SACD multi inputs for those that would want to optimize hookup for SACD. DVD-A audio discs thru HDMI are processed correctly. Sorry bout the confusion. SACD is not high on my priority list so I can live without.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2006
                                                                                          • 2109

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Sackrat
                                                                                          I must correct my statement on post number 37. All of that statement is correct except playing SACD audio discs thru HDMI. The Rotel will play it but it is a stereo feed and my default is to DTS NEO 6. In my haste to get everything up and running I overlooked this fact. However it does sound very good. The Rotel has SACD multi inputs for those that would want to optimize hookup for SACD. DVD-A audio discs thru HDMI are processed correctly. Sorry bout the confusion. SACD is not high on my priority list so I can live without.
                                                                                          What player are you using? The SACD/HDMI output resolution is critical.
                                                                                          Kal Rubinson
                                                                                          "Music in the Round"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"