X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • modajoico
    • Aug 2011

Please help with Rotel RSX-1055

The output to spakers doen not work most of the time; I turn it on this morning I get the sound come out from my 2 front speakers for 3 min.
    and then I do not get any sound at all.
    When I turn the volume up I can hear some ticking noise.
    Anyhelp will be greatly appreaciated.
    thank you.
    Last edited by modajoico; 06 August 2011, 19:27 Saturday.
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

Is that with a digital input? If so, try an analog input with the input set to bypass. If you get consistent 2 channel stereo sound then, the problem could be a bad digital board.

Steve
    Last edited by srb; 06 August 2011, 19:18 Saturday.

Comment

• modajoico
      • Aug 2011

Hi Steve.
      I try an analog input and it was ok for 5 min. and then the static noise come in, but when I turn the amp off and turn it back on again it works for 5 to 7 min.
      I do not know how to set input to bypass in the front panel I see CD and on the right hand side I see VID1.
      Thank you Steve.

Comment

• srb
        • Oct 2004

Sorry, I have an RSX-1056 which has an analog bypass feature that can toggle between 2 channel digital and 2 channel analog bypass. Further investigation says the RSX-1055 did not have this feature.

The RSX-1055 does have a set of 6.1 Multi Inputs which bypasses any digital processing. Try connecting an analog source to the L/R of the Multi Input then select that on the front panel.

I don't know that we will be able to really solve anything, but if it does point to a bad digital input board, that repair might be costly relative to the used value of the unit. If that turns out to be the case and the analog Multi Input works fine, the unit can always be relegated to a second analog-only system.

Steve

Comment

• modajoico
          • Aug 2011

Hi Steve.
          Thanks again, I was using an analog for awhile but now no sound come out from 2 speakers at all. I think I have to buy a new Amp now.

Comment

• srb
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by modajoico
            Hi Steve.
            Thanks again, I was using an analog for awhile but now no sound come out from 2 speakers at all. I think I have to buy a new Amp now.
            I am unclear whether you were using one of the 7 pairs of analog inputs along the bottom of the rear panel, or if you specifically tried the L/R inputs of the bypassed Multi-Input group at the top of the rear panel.

Steve

Comment

• modajoico
              • Aug 2011

I am using one of the 7 pairs along the bottom. from Rotel Owener manual for RS-1055 on page 4 under.
              1: Control and Connections.
              I connected DVD into #2 under VIDEO IN in box 38 if I use Multi input in box 29 I see only one input for each speaker to use them I need some Y connector 2 to 1 right?
              On the DVD player where should it going into?
              Thank you Steve.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Nope. You'll need to use the 7.1 channel analog inputs (front left/right) in order to verify the digital board is bad.

Of course once you verify this, you're in the same boat as it's more cost effective to purchase something else.

Kevin D.

Comment

• modajoico
                  • Aug 2011

Hi Kevin D.
                  The 7.1 channel anolog input are the bottom left box start with CD, TAPE, and 5 VIDEO IN?
                  Thank you Kevin.

Comment

• srb
                    • Oct 2004

The 7.1 channel anolog input are the bottom left box start with CD, TAPE, and 5 VIDEO IN?
                    No. The 7 different pairs of analog inputs along the bottom (CD, TAPE, VIDEO 1 - 5) will get re-processed by the digital circuitry section on the RSX-1055.

To completely bypass any digital processing, you must use the Multi Inputs at the top of the rear panel. (They are actually a 6.1 input group on the RSX-1055):

Front L
                    Front R

Center
                    Rear R
                    Rear L
                    CB1 (Center Back)
                    Sub

These are the set of inputs that one might typically use to connect something like a Blu-ray player via analog interconnects (if so equipped), allowing the player to decode the new Blu-ray sound formats internally, as the RSX-1055 cannot decode the new Blu-ray formats via a digital connection.

So just connect your analog source's L and R outputs to the Front L and Front R jacks in the Multi Input group. You won't be making any connections to the other jacks in the group because you're just connecting a stereo source, not a multi-channel source.

You will need to select Multi Input on the front panel to listen. If the sound is OK, then it is the digital section of the receiver that is faulty. This means that the receiver could be used as a single source analog amplifier (or perhaps as a multi-source analog amplifier with an external RCA switch box) or as a single source surround amplifier if used with one of the DVD or Blu-ray players that have separate 5.1/6.1 analog outputs.

If you still experience sound problems through the Multi Inputs, then there is a problem with the amplifier section itself.

Steve

Comment

• modajoico
                      • Aug 2011

Hi Steve.
                      My Sony blu-ray player does not have FRONT L, FRONT R, Center, Rear R, Rear L, CB1(Center Back), and Sub. outputs.
                      Thank you Steve.

Comment

• srb
                        • Oct 2004

Hi Steve.
                        My Sony blu-ray player does not have FRONT L, FRONT R, Center, Rear R, Rear L, CB1(Center Back), and Sub. outputs.
                        Thank you Steve.
                        Just use the stereo pair L/R outputs on the player into the Front L and Front R of the Multi Inputs to test the receiver.

Steve

Comment

• modajoico
                          • Aug 2011

I did that but no sound come out from 2 front speakers, but when I trun the volume up I can hear the static sound.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"