X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James63
    • Dec 2006

RSX-1056 trim question.

I am looking to buy an RSX-1056 used and I want to know if this model allows for trim level (speaker level) adjustments when using the Multi Channel input.

I will be using an Oppo BDP-93 player. This model does have trim adjustments but I just like to the quick and easy option of adjusting it on the fly with the receiver.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I believe so. Not completely sure though but I don't see why it wouldn't. The speaker trim adjustments are done in a separate section of the Rotel menu and are in effect when digital processing is in effect. Only Stereo bypass disengages the processor and it's functions.

If not however, I would imagine that you could probably make adjustments 'on the fly' with the Oppo remote as well?.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• James63
      • Dec 2006

I will just have to see I guess. I have had some receivers where the multi channel input bypass all the controls and functions like the direct mode.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by James63
        I will just have to see I guess. I have had some receivers where the multi channel input bypass all the controls and functions like the direct mode.

Rather then giving you my best guess, I decided to find my Rotel manual (RSX-1057) and it says this:

"These inputs bypass all digital processing in the RSX-1057 and are routed directly to the volume control and outputs".

Therefore, It is now my opinion that you will not have speaker trim adjustments via the Rotel whilst using the Multi Inputs. :T

Comment

• James63
          • Dec 2006

Well I got a used 1056 a few weeks ago and the trim does work on the muti channel input.

unfortunatly a recent storm seems to have damaged the until

All the fuses look fine... I will start a new thread and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

You know.....I would tend to think, despite what the manual says, that it would probably enable the trim adjustments via the multi. Simply because why not. It's not like you are in analog stereo bypass. You would think the digital sound processing would be working in this case no??. I have yet to use the Multi's on mine so I can't say for sure.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"