X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noddy347
    • Oct 2008

Rotel rdv1060

My DVD player has started to player when I tried to use it yesterday.

Turn it on and the "welcome Rotel DVD zone" pops up on the screen.
    It then fades to a "Rotel" sign followed by the "welcome Rotel DVD zone" again. It just repeats the same thing endlessly.

I try and open the tray and as soon as it opens it closes again.

So any ideas gents?

Matt
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

Have you tried to reset the microprocessor by powering off the unit, unplugging the power cord (10 seconds), plugging the power cord back in and powering up the unit?

Steve

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

I've actually repaired DVD players that exhibit the door opening and immediately closing again phenomenon. It is caused by a misalignment in the 'sprockets' that move the door in and out (usually caused by someone banging the door when it was open or the door opening and hitting the glass of the wall unit it's sitting in) . The unit will not read the disc because it thinks the door is open. Only when the door is properly closed does it activate the relay that sets into motion the process of spinning, reading, and playing the disc.

You have to pop the cover, start the player and open the door then turn it off with the door open. You see the 'sprockets' on the side or underside of the door that propel it. Normally , it's only one sprocket click off . Hold and or gently lift the door while trying to pop the sprocket one click (either forward or backward). When done, re-start the player and see if the door properly closes and the unit starts reading the disc. If not, pop the sprocket 2 times in the other direction.

This is very difficult to explain as you can see!!???!. I hope you at least get the idea and concept of what I'm saying.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Noddy347
        • Oct 2008

Thanks for the detailed replies guys. I pulled the player from the rack and powered it up on the bench. Guess what, it working fine. Scratches head...
        Put it back in the rack, it's starts playing up again.

Decided to start pulling cables, I pulled out he 12 volt trigger and it's fine.

I don't know why a cable which has been connected for close to five years starts causing issues. Anyway it's not needed now.

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

There's something about that whole Rotel 12v trigger thingy that concerns me !!

Comment

• Noddy347
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by madmac
            There's something about that whole Rotel 12v trigger thingy that concerns me !!
            Can you elaborate a touch more on this comment please?

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

I had some issues with my Rotel receiver awhile back and I believe that it might have been connected/ caused by the 12v trigger / zone function.

Cannot verify or prove it.....just a concern and/or hunch if you will.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"