X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

RSP-1580 Brochure

Hi Guys,
    I posted this down in the thread on 'Replacement options for the RSP-1098'. But thought it might deserve its own thread. Here is a link to the brochure for the RSP-1580 which looks very much like a replacement for the RSP-1098. If you search this forum it was shown at Cedia last year.
    RSP-1580 Brochure

Regards,
    Stephen
    My Home Theatre
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Interesting,the 4x4 Matrix switch is really nice. Now finally a preamp can send HDMI video to other rooms. You can share your video without a External switch.
    My down side is only having 4 hdmi in's. So if you have Cable , Blu ray , Apple Tv , Xbox360 your maxed out already , what if you also have a Ps3 now your beat. I believe all receivers and Preamps with HDMI should have at least 5 inputs or more. What if you want to share 2 cable boxes with 4 tv's? Now your sources are even more limited.
    Audio wise I expect it to sound at least as good as the rsp-1098. I'm still looking forward to checking this out.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

At least the menu system looks familiar, which will be a comfort. </sacasm>
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Fishy
        • Jul 2004

I'm going to miss the serial port... how else am I going to do my updates? You know the ones that appear about a year after a problem has been reported by the masses.

Fish

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Fishy
          I'm going to miss the serial port... how else am I going to do my updates? You know the ones that appear about a year after a problem has been reported by the masses.

Fish
          Is there a Ethernet port? Kinda looks like it does , maybe it will have IP control and Firmware updates VIA IP. The back panel is lack luster to be honest. No balanced out which I really would like to see Rotel use again , it's the best analog connection , I'd like to see more then just 4 HDMI inputs , Get rid of S video and composite , lets move on people , I an see component as some control systems use component for their OSD( Not mentioning any names like 1 ,2 ,3 *)
          But anyway Does it have any room correction? 3D support? I have so many questions for it to fit in todays modern IP streaming world.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Fishy

Fish
            I'm sure you will update it with the USB port on the front. Download load the software to the stick and power up.... just a guess

Comment

• Fishy
              • Jul 2004

Have to agree about removing S-Video, who still uses that anyway?

More HDMI's is always a good thing, as it would avoid those pesky spliters.

Fish

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                • May 2004

My Rotel insider is telling me that they are going to change the matrix switcher from 4 in and 4 out to 6 in and 2 out. They are also saying it will be $4000

They are not planning any room correction in the unit just a user adjustable EQ.

Guess we'll see this summer......

Comment

• Dmantis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                  My Rotel insider is telling me that they are going to change the matrix switcher from 4 in and 4 out to 6 in and 2 out. They are also saying it will be $4000

They are not planning any room correction in the unit just a user adjustable EQ.

Guess we'll see this summer......
                  I love Rotel I do , I really do but they need to take a look at what's going on in the market place and make a valid effort to keep somewhat with the times.
                  Ok 6 HDMI in's is excellent and 2 out matrix is even better. The Ability to send video to 2 different rooms and view different things is a huge plus. Example Master bed and Theater room . You can watch Cable while someone is watching a Blu ray movie. Sharing the cable box with 2 rooms would be nice. Or even better have 2 cablebox's DVR style recording things and now you have the ability to watch anything you want in either room. The possibilities are endless.
                  I'm still puzzled on Balanced out. I know it's not necessary if there is no interference problems but what if there is? Balanced always sounds the best as it's the best connection between a amp and pre. Why take it away? Put it back on the amps and add it here unless they build their own connection like Krell did.
                  I could go on and on but this is turning into another disappointment for me. yes the sound quality will be there I don't doubt that but come one lets give the flagship some worthy gear to hold the name.

Comment

• Mikael
                    • Aug 2007

First off, No Rotel processor have balanced connection, and second the Rotel stereo units that had balanced connectiom wasn't really balanced at all. So I don't see your issues. I for one is looking forward to hear the sound in stereo from the RSP1580, if it can match the sound of the RC1550, which I love.

Comment

• flaskebent
                      • Mar 2011

Is the RSP-1580 able to play 24bit 96kHz flac or wav files over network and if it can are you able to use the front screen for selecting the files.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by flaskebent
                        Is the RSP-1580 able to play 24bit 96kHz flac or wav files over network and if it can are you able to use the front screen for selecting the files.
                        I understand the RSP1580 will have the same audio networking functionality as the existing RSX1500 and RDG1520.

Eloise

Comment

• mattburk
                          • Feb 2003

looks like a winner
                          www.mycstone.com
                          www.coverednow.com
                          www.biarenton.com

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"