X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlsen
    • Mar 2008

RSP1580 just released in Australia???

Hi folks,

I must be confused, or someone else maybe confused as I just saw two websites in Australia announcing the release of the Rotel RSP1580 in Australia for sale now , retail $4,199 Aust(RRP). I thought it had been effectively canned!!!

The two sites that mention it are as follows:

Latest hi-fi, home cinema and technology reviews, products, news, advice, videos and more, from the world's no.1 technology buyer's guide - What Hi-Fi?

and :

Did I miss something along the way??
  • tedaudio
    • Nov 2004

Great news that the 1580 may not be not dead after all!

If so, I look forward to reading some reviews. I still have an rsp-1098, I've tried a couple other processors and other options like using a bd player with analog outs, and have aways come back to the 1098. Newer processors may have more clarity in the midrange, but I still like the smoothness and depth of sound that happens with my rsp-1098, perhaps the build quality and over-oversize power supply is partly responsible for that. If the 1580 is similar, then it will be a winner in my books with its combination of build quality and newer technology!

Ted

Comment

• mpauline
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tedaudio
      Great news that the 1580 may not be not dead after all!

If so, I look forward to reading some reviews. I still have an rsp-1098, I've tried a couple other processors and other options like using a bd player with analog outs, and have aways come back to the 1098. Newer processors may have more clarity in the midrange, but I still like the smoothness and depth of sound that happens with my rsp-1098, perhaps the build quality and over-oversize power supply is partly responsible for that. If the 1580 is similar, then it will be a winner in my books with its combination of build quality and newer technology!

Ted
      Say it isn't so! If the 1580 actually exists then I need to remove my 1098 listing which has been getting all kinds of action and take this damn Anthem receiver back.

Comment

• jam200
        • Jan 2009

Check those links

Check the links above. It's a great looking SSP with great specs.

Comment

• tedaudio
          • Nov 2004

Has anyone in Australia been able to see if International Dynamics is showing the Rsp-1580 at the Australian A/V and audio show this weekend?

Comment

• chanlon
            • Sep 2003

If so, did anybody check out playing audio over HDMI? The audio delay MUST be corrected on this version. If somebody could confirm it would be great.

Comment

• whmacs
              • Oct 2003

Hi Guys,
              The Jan 2012 issue of Australian HI-FI has a write up about the RSP-1580. It's also listed on international dynamics (the australian rotel distributor). There is also a link to a PDF review of it. The URL is:

Regards,
              Stephen
              My Home Theatre

Comment

• JDH
                • Sep 2004

Anyone actually own one of these yet, if so any feedback?

JDH
                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

I asked Rotel about the RSP 1580, and here is the reply:

Hi Mikael,
                  Thank you for your email regarding the Rotel RSP-1580 Processor.
                  The Rotel RSP-1580 was released for the Asia market and not available for Europe, this was a decision made by Rotel, not by ourselves as the UK distributor.
                  The good news is that I have been informed there will an RSP-1582 expected around September/October (subject to changes) for the European market.
                  Last edited by Mikael; 26 April 2012, 04:16 Thursday.

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Ohhh... now I might have to skip getting the RSP-1572 for the 1582!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excited!!!!
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• mazuly
                      • Feb 2003

Hello

Any new news on RSP-1580 or RSP-1582?

Maziar

Comment

• Fishy
                        • Jul 2004

The UK is still listing the 1572 instead of the 1582. But then again we all know that Rotel are years behind releasing products against their competition.

Fish

Comment

• Mikael
                          • Aug 2007

The RSP 1582 is not a replacement for the RSP 1572 but a step up in performance and price.

Comment

• JDH
                            • Sep 2004

Anyone know what additional features the RSP-1582 will have over the RSP-1580, I assume they will add more HDMI inputs, what else ? maybe balanced out and one set of balanced in would be the minimum to show any interest in it.

JDH
                            Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"