X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

RSP-1570 and DVD-Audio

Just got my new RSP-1570 set up, and I'm starting to run it through the normal battery of tests. One question I have is about the processor's ability to decode DVD-Audio. According to the manual "DVD-A high-resolution multichannel audio signals are automatically detected." I've never known of a DVD-A player that can bitstream DVD-Audio (MLP), so I'm wondering what the value of this is. Multi-channel PCM decoded in my Oppo sounds fantastic either way, but I'm just curious about this feature that is seemingly unique to the Rotel.
    Brad
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Any DVD-A player with at least HDMI 1.1 that I've seen will output the DVD-A signal as a multi channel PCM. It's not something unique to Rotel.

Eric

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

Exactly...the player decodes the DVD-Audio and sends multi-channel PCM. But, according to Rotel, the processor can also decode the DVD-Audio (similar to how some receivers/processors can decode DSD directly). That's the part that seems to be unique to Rotel.
      Brad

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"