X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jo353
    • Aug 2010

RSX-1067 memory loss

I have a Rotel RSX-1067 that is in pristine shape. However whenever I lose power to my house or unplug the unit, even just for a second all the settings I have programed in erase and go back to factory settings. I was told by Rotel's technicians it's most likely a bad capacitor that keeps the memory saved. Can anyone tell me where the capacitor is located, and what the number it would be on the board? IE "C1052" or such. Thank you. ~Joe
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I've replaced these in a few units, though not in any Rotels (yet). They are typically a 0.1 Farad 5.5V "supercapacitor," usually a small round disc or a rectangular package. Often when they fail they leak or break open, so that might make it easier to find as well. They always seem to crap out after 5-10 years or so.

As for where it's located... I've seen them in various places. On an old Sherwood it was on the power supply board. In an old Onkyo it was on the display board, of all places. You'd think it would be on the main board, and that's always a good first place to look, but you'd be surprised. Good luck finding it.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I'm assuming you have the most current firmware if you've talked to Rotel's tech support. If you don't, there was an update to fix that specific issue.

Eric

Comment

• Nuthed
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        I'm assuming you have the most current firmware if you've talked to Rotel's tech support. If you don't, there was an update to fix that specific issue.

Eric
        My RSX-972 loses memory all the time when there is an outage. Since my AVR isn't firmware updatable that I know of, how would my issue get fixed?
        Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
        RB980-BX driving mains
        Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
        Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
        Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
        SVS PB-12

Comment

• chanlon
          • Sep 2003

Email Rotel tech support. They emailed me a schematics which identified the part that required replacement. I then proceeded to my Rotel dealer to get it fixed.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"