X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akble
    • Aug 2010

RSX 1065 surround processor problem

My Rotel 1065 seems to only want to play 2 channel - the processor seems to have just quit- any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

A definite 'bug' with the RSX-10** series of receivers!

Originally posted by akble
    My Rotel 1065 seems to only want to play 2 channel - the processor seems to have just quit- any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

See my posts above on this issue. It is now quite clearly a 'bug' defect in the 10** series of receivers with digital sound processing. I sent mine back under warranty but they did not fix the issue. I am now asking them for another unit since they did not fix it properly and will obviously not play the unit for hours to witness the unit fail. See similar posts above on the issue!!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Rotel, upon me sending them a letter, agreed to replace my RSX-1056 for a refurbished RSX-1057. The shop where I bought the unit here in Montreal (Environnment Electronique) was helpful and stood behind me in my request for a replacement unit. It certainly pays to buy equipment from a store which stands by their products!.

So far, the new unit works great and there's no more popping and sound cut out!!. Also, for whatever reason, this unit seems to 'sound' better than the 1056 !!?. Gotta say that I lucked out because my 5 year warranty was going to run out this November!!.

All's well and ends well.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"