X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

1570 and 20 amp circuit

HI,
    I have the 1570 and Classe CA 5200 with a JL audio F112. Is there any need that you feel of a 20 amp circuit? They all run on a 15 amp which is not dedicatad, without any tripping as of now. I might add a second F112 in the future but was wondering if doing that the current draw would strain the circuit. Also a very old thread

was an interesting read. Any help appreciated.
    Ray
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Nope, 15 amp breaker is fine in my opinion. The fact that you're not experiencing any problems should be an indication that things are fine. A 20 amp circuit does not supply more current, it trips later. Don't fix what ain't broke ;-)
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Seconded. In real world use, your system would be drawing no where near the maximum that a 15A circuit will supply. The only concern would be turn on surge tripping the breaker, and your amp has soft start, so that's not an issue. I run my entire HT/secondary 2-channel system consisting of 100W x 5 AVR, 200W x 2 amp, LCD TV, 2 cable boxes, and DVD player on a single 15A dedicated circuit with no issues. My line conditioner display shows typical current draw around 3 amps (verified with my Fluke ammeter) in normal use.

Comment

• Industrial
        • Mar 2009

^^ That's great to hear! I was going to ask all about this myself as I just found out I have a dedicated 15A circuit right besides my equipment rack. What kind of amps are you running? Sorry for the hijack, just too much coincidence to not reply.

Comment

• ray5
          • Dec 2008

I recently got a Classe 5200, I have a JL audio and thinking of getting another one. I am thinking of the Furman 15i versus the 20i and hence the question.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"