X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangebull
    • Nov 2005

Got My New RB-1090

Picked up my RB-1090 amp today and WOW!!!!!

After hooking up my B&W 703s to this beast (they were previously connected to two channels of my RB-1075) I took it for a test drive. Played a little Clapton. Went through a few of my jazz favorites and ended up with Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

This amp makes a huge difference in the way the music sounds. Part of it is likely psychological but WOW!! The bass was deep and defined and the mids and highs were so clear.

Thanks to all of you that helped convince me to get the 1090 over the 1080.

Only thing the 1090 is missing is the 12-volt trigger. Why doesn't it have one?

OB
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I think triggers got added to most 10 series amps after the initial models came out. Perhaps because the 1090 is not a huge seller they felt it wasn't worth a redesign to add it? I typically would use a RLC-900 with it to trigger the amps.

Kevin D.

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      I think triggers got added to most 10 series amps after the initial models came out. Perhaps because the 1090 is not a huge seller they felt it wasn't worth a redesign to add it? I typically would use a RLC-900 with it to trigger the amps.

Kevin D.
      I had to look that up! Ok, so, I presume that you use a 12v trigger on the back of a 1068 or 1098 hooked up to the RLC-900 to activate the other devices? Or does the RLC-900 act as the master on/off switch? Any side effects from having the system operating without standby power?

Comment

• dan87951
        • Nov 2005

grit,
        Watch your electric bill, when I bought my Rotel RMB-1075 the electric bill shot way up compared to my Harman Kardon amp I had before!! I think the RB-1090 draws an additional 200 watts over the 1075? Anyways nice purchase enjoy it.
        dan87951
        audio guru

Comment

• Ryx
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by orangebull
          Thanks to all of you that helped convince me to get the 1090 over the 1080.
          You are very welcome! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your new purchase and hope that it gives you endless hours of musical bliss! :T

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by grit
            I had to look that up! Ok, so, I presume that you use a 12v trigger on the back of a 1068 or 1098 hooked up to the RLC-900 to activate the other devices? Or does the RLC-900 act as the master on/off switch? Any side effects from having the system operating without standby power?

Either.. And the RLC has a constant power for hooking up the preamp (otherwise there's no power to kick the 12v trigger on)

As far as leaving it on, the amount these amps draw at idle is pretty low. It's not drawing a bunch of juice if the music isn't playing.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"