X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adriantsk
    • Jun 2010

Rotel cd player

Hi all, need you'all help to differentiate Rotel rcd06, rcd1070 & rcd1072. I plan to purchase a used cd player. Which one is better in sound quality? Thanks for your advise.
    Pre-Pro - Onkyo Pr-Sc 5507
    Power Amplifier - Rotel RMB 1095 & Rotel RB 1080
    Speakers - B&W 700 Series
    Subwoofer - Velodyne SPL1200R
    Projector - Optoma HD20
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

I hate to say, but you may should consider a Cambridge 540 series or 640 series player instead. Unless you want all you gear to match, then get the 1072 for sure.

You may want to look into a preamp with HT bypass if you are using analog and want to have it sound good. If you don't want to spring for a preamp, I would not waste money on a high end analog player w/ the Onkyo. Just get a nice transport and use a digital connection. I have a Parasound silver preamp with HT bypass I am selling. It would work great in that setup and would give you an excellent 2ch analog section.

Either that or upgrade your pre/pro to a Rotel RSP-1069.

Comment

• cZwUV620
      • Apr 2010

Can't say I agree with Tommy. It wasn't until I bought the RCD-1072 that I realized how cold and bright the Cambridge 640C was. The Rotel player blew it away. Okay...maybe not by THAT much but it was easily the better player.

Apart from a few articles, I still can't believe the magazines never gave the RCD-1072 the respect that it deserves.

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

Hello guys,

I have the rcc-1055 & rcc-955 cd changers. Smooth jazz is my choice of music. Rotel makes the best cd players ;x(
        June
        "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• cZwUV620
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by june
          Hello guys,

I have the rcc-1055 & rcc-955 cd changers. Smooth jazz is my choice of music. Rotel makes the best cd players ;x(
          And unfortunately, overlooked, compared to many other "hyped" brands out there.

Comment

• specialized
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by cZwUV620
            Can't say I agree with Tommy. It wasn't until I bought the RCD-1072 that I realized how cold and bright the Cambridge 640C was. The Rotel player blew it away. Okay...maybe not by THAT much but it was easily the better player.

Apart from a few articles, I still can't believe the magazines never gave the RCD-1072 the respect that it deserves.
            Hmm.. In my setup RCD-1072 was the weak link that made sound not so good.. I still have RCD-1072 but not using any more.. It's replaced by Pioneer DVD 610 as transport and Musical Fidelity V-Dac.. I higly recomend V-DAC instead of CD Player.. Also i had a test Rotel RCD-1072 vs Pioneer as transport and with Pioneer sound better. As alone player Rotel is better then Pioneer.. But this V-Dac made a very big step up in my setup.. Also i recomend Pioneer PD9-D9-J SACD Player instead of RCD-1072

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cZwUV620

Hmm I am surprised to say that about the Cambridge but do not misinterpret what my comment that I was saying anything bad about the 1072. I was more looking at it from a financial perspective that the preowned 540c might be a more bang for the buck.

I have heard the new Rotel 15 series CD player and it sounds truly impressive. It is definitely not a re-bagged 1072 though. I highly recommend that one if it is in your price range.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"