X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

dedeicated cd player rotel or arcam?

Thinking of getting a better dedicated cd player,going used.Has anyone compared the rotel rcd1072 to the arcam ct73t.Both would be about the same price.Since i upgraded my dvda/sacd player i thought i would do this as well.Any opinions would be appreciated.Player would be via analog of rotel rsx1056.thanks
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

rick,
    I am a long time Rotel fan, but opted for the Arcam 73T. I purchased from a local dealer, took it home for an in home demo, and didn't need to take it back to try the Rotel, as I wasn't parting with it (then). I have since moved on, but it was a great player in my setup at that time, extracting all there was to be had from cd's.
    If you buy new, buy one and try an in home demo, or if purchased used, you can allways get your money back if the 1st one tried doesn't fit the bill.

Comment

• zmanbands
      • May 2007

Consider Sony DVP S9000ES

This showcase unit is built like a tank. Fantastic sound. Used $350 to $450. New $1200 I think. Plays SACD, Redbook CD and DVD. Does not plat CD-R. I use it for CD's. It came out in 2000/2001.

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

The eastern elaectric minimax was recommended to me.I did some research via reviews and some personal contacts.It gets alot of rave reviews and people really like this player,only it's tube and i have no experience with tube equipment.It was actually recommended over the rcd1072.So i'm asking the experts here,i'm not going to keep going back and forth much longer if i do i'll never get a player.All kidding aside would love if you guys could help me out between these 2 players the rotel or minimax.thanks
        Zmanbands,thanks for suggestion but i dont wont a dvd player and i'm not too keen on sony players.

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

tubes rule!

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by soundhound
            tubes rule!
            soundhound can you take that a little further!I have zip knowledge as far as tube equipment is concerned.I know of some brands and models but thats it.This cd player i'm inquring about is a vacuum tube unit and all i read about it is nothing less than spectacular,including the user reviews at audioreview.

Comment

• soundhound
              • Mar 2004

I run an all tube set up for 2 channel. Tubes bring a soundstage to the table that few ss amps can touch. Much of it depends on your musical tastes, but, even at the source (cd) tubes will do piano key strikes, and guitar strings like transistors never dreamt, as well as vocals.
              Buddy Guy, EC, SRV, and BB King never sounded so life like.
              I tried a Jolida JD100 tubed cd player once upon a time with all ss gear, and it takes the digital edge away, and adds a romantic allure to the music, being so true to life if you shut your eyes and swear the artist is in the room with you, front and center.
              It was a great little rig, for under the 1K mark (I know a dealer if your interested).
              My biggest fear with tubes was that they couldn't deliver the bass as well as transistors, but, that ain't the case.
              My newly aquired VTL MB 185 Signatures make my RF 7's hammer hard and there not even broken in yet.
              My VTL ST 150 would have given any prior ss rig I had a run for their money in the sheer db department, but do so without the "edge" transistors give.
              So again, tubes rule! Are ya sorry you asked?

Comment

• rick c
                • Aug 2004

I run an all tube set up for 2 channel. Tubes bring a soundstage to the table that few ss amps can touch. Much of it depends on your musical tastes, but, even at the source (cd) tubes will do piano key strikes, and guitar strings like transistors never dreamt, as well as vocals.
                Buddy Guy, EC, SRV, and BB King never sounded so life like.
                I tried a Jolida JD100 tubed cd player once upon a time with all ss gear, and it takes the digital edge away, and adds a romantic allure to the music, being so true to life if you shut your eyes and swear the artist is in the room with you, front and center.
                It was a great little rig, for under the 1K mark (I know a dealer if your interested).
                My biggest fear with tubes was that they couldn't deliver the bass as well as transistors, but, that ain't the case.
                My newly aquired VTL MB 185 Signatures make my RF 7's hammer hard and there not even broken in yet.
                My VTL ST 150 would have given any prior ss rig I had a run for their money in the sheer db department, but do so without the "edge" transistors give.
                So again, tubes rule! Are ya sorry you asked?
                no,not sorry interested.I may go ahead and get this minimax player.it was actually reviewed by soundstage and 6moons with extremely high marks.I was even surprised that at audioreview the user reviews were that this was a great player.even compared to jolida and the likes.

Comment

• soundhound
                  • Mar 2004

Be careful Rick,
                  it may just be the start of something.............
                  Gotta love this addiction of ours.
                  Bob

Comment

• rick c
                    • Aug 2004

Be careful Rick,
                    it may just be the start of something.............
                    Gotta love this addiction of ours.
                    Bob
                    Yeah, i may need to get a patch!Anyhow i may let the minimax come my way.Hope it's a good as the hype.

Comment

• Russ L
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by rick c
                      Thinking of getting a better dedicated cd player,going used.Has anyone compared the rotel rcd1072 to the arcam ct73t.Both would be about the same price.Since i upgraded my dvda/sacd player i thought i would do this as well.Any opinions would be appreciated.Player would be via analog of rotel rsx1056.thanks
                      Arcam all the way. Heard the Rotel and didn't enjoy. the CD 73 is better but would get the CD192 or the FMJ CD 36 (may be hard to find these used tho), well worth the extra money as your source is most important component IMO and deserves the biggest investment. Best regards, Russ
                      Russ

Comment

• rick c
                        • Aug 2004

FWIW, i purchased the eastern electric minimax vac tube player today.Hope it's as good as they say.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"