X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffithstrife
    • Apr 2009

HDMI 1.4 firmware update possible

Just like the title says, is it possible to update the 15 series to HDMI 1.4 through firmware thanks
  • TORC
    • Jun 2010

There's no mention of it in the release notes for the RSP-1570 firmware here: http://www.bwgroup-support.com/software.html

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

No it's not possible. It's a hardware issue not software. The chip set for each HDMI version is different.

Eric

Comment

• griffithstrife
        • Apr 2009

My playstation 3 is 4 years old it has HDMI 1.4. So it's not hardware, if Sony can do it Rotel can too

At least thats the way I think it should be

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by griffithstrife
          My playstation 3 is 4 years old it has HDMI 1.4. So it's not hardware, if Sony can do it Rotel can too
          Kind of. It doesn't even have a full 1.3 HDMI port (IE, it can't pass HD sound via bitstream). The PS3 is able to send a 3D signal out the port in a 1.4 compatible way.

If Rotel included a computer (like the PS3) behind the HDMI output, I'm sure they could come up with a HDMI 1.4 compatible output as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"