X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ross Smith
    • May 2004

Remote Control problems with RSP 1066 Procesor

I have owned a RSP 1066 procesor for quiet a few years of faithfull service, recently I have noticed the volume control intermittantly doesn't respond when using the remote control. All other controls work fine, I have tried other learning remote controls on this unit after learning the comands but the problem persists. I was wondering is there a problem with the IR system or the volume control itself. Any help would be aprreciated.
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Have you tried a fresh set of batteries in the remote first?

JDH.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Ross Smith
      • May 2004

Yes I have tried new batteries. I even took top off the case thinking maybe the volume pot had a rubber drive belt but it looks all electronic. Must be a tired worn out part. It bugs me that you pay so much for Rotel gear and these commonly used parts wear out so quickly, on my RCD 970 the drive that opens the tray has broken and I have to open draw manually. :x

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You didn't happen to get a new TV or some compact fluorescent lights did you? You might be getting some interference.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Ross Smith
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
          You didn't happen to get a new TV or some compact fluorescent lights did you? You might be getting some interference.

Kevin D.
          Actually got a new LG 50" Plasma TV could that be causing interference with IR signal ?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Most definately. A by-product from the way plasma TV's work. I bet the 1066 will work fine with the TV off.

It's going to be worse right when you turn the TV on (also about the time you usually try to change the volume). Probably worse when the TV is displaying a brighter picture.

If the 1066 is on a shelf you can try pushing the unit back into the cabinet or some other form of shield around the unit or sensor.

Worse case is to cover the front sensor and get a plasma proof IR receiver and run it into the input on the back.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Ross Smith
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
              Most definately. A by-product from the way plasma TV's work. I bet the 1066 will work fine with the TV off.

It's going to be worse right when you turn the TV on (also about the time you usually try to change the volume). Probably worse when the TV is displaying a brighter picture.

If the 1066 is on a shelf you can try pushing the unit back into the cabinet or some other form of shield around the unit or sensor.

Worse case is to cover the front sensor and get a plasma proof IR receiver and run it into the input on the back.

Kevin D.
              Thanks Kevin for you reply mate. Yes your right, when TV is off no problems, At least I know there's no[IMG]Image[/IMG] fault with my Rotel, I can still increase the volume by pressing remote repeatable times instead of holding finger on key.
              Its hard to re-position my Amp in the TV cabinate.

Comment

• Ross Smith
                • May 2004

Heres a photo of my new LG PK 550 and Rotel and Home Theatre set-up
                I found by placing a piece of black plastic tape over IR Sensor on Amp fixed problem...Don't know why but it worked
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ross Smith; 20 June 2010, 21:23 Sunday.

Comment

• hurin
                  • Sep 2009

Producers of expensive HiFi equipment take to take it for granted their customers will use an all-in-one remote, and therefore making the remote as cheap as possible is a no-brainer. I think that is why my RSP 1069 came with some sort of hideous piece of plastic based on what you could get away with in the 80'es.

I have a Harmony One, and it is a brilliant produkt.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"