X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superROE
    • Jul 2004

Need another remote control for RTC-970

Hello all, I just registered here.

I am a long time Rotel owner. I bought a 965BX cd player way back in 1993 (if my memory serves me correct) and am still using it today :T

I recently bought a Rotel RTC-970 Surround Sound Receiver/Preamp from eBay but it did not come with a remote control.

Does anyone know the remote control model number that came with this receiver ?

Also If I buy a Universal Rotel learning remote control such as the RR-969, it always states "this remote control has been pre programmed with rotel functions"
    Do you guys think these preprogrammed functions will allow me to control my receiver ? If not, I wont be able to use it since I cant program the RR-969 if I dont have the original remote.

I hope this posts makes sense. Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Roeland.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Take this oppertunity to buy a real universal remote and buy a pronto...it'll revolutionize the way you view remotes

Comment

• superROE
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      Take this oppertunity to buy a real universal remote and buy a pronto...it'll revolutionize the way you view remotes
      The reason why I asked:
      There are certain functions I cannot perform on my RTC-970 unless I have the remote.
      So these universal remotes (no brand name) can do all the functions without requiring any programming ? Because you cannot program a universal remote unless you have the original remote.

I am using a Yamaha RX993 Home Theater receiver with a learning remote but it can only "learn" from other remotes.

Of course, I can be totally wrong and have no clue what i am talking about.

Thanks again,

Roeland.

Comment

• superROE
        • Jul 2004

hehe I just figured something out ..

when you said "a pronto" I thought you were italian, but after looking at your website I know its a Phillips Remote control.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Sorry about that Yes with the Philips Pronto you can download the IR codes from several sources (www.remotecentral.com or Rotel's site) so you don't actually need the OEM remote..plus you gain access to other commands that may or may not be on the old remotes such as discrete power commands etc.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"