X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rashad01138
    • Jun 2010

Rotel RSP-1570 Processor

I would like to know if there any issues with the RSP-1570 even with the latest firmware updates. I am thinking about buying one.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Overall it's pretty solid. There are always certain product combos that the HDMI may not work fully but it doesn't happen very often with the 15 Series Rotel. It's certainly no worse than any other brand I sell (Denon, Pioneer Elite, Sony ES). The one thing that is bothersome for some users is the audio delay using HDMI. It's not really an issue using an optical or coax digital, just HDMI.

If you can listen to one, I'd check out the audio delay and see if it's an issue for you. If not, I'd recommend it.

Eric

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Maybe I have been missing this, but what audio delays are those with HDMI?

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mikael
        Maybe I have been missing this, but what audio delays are those with HDMI?
        If you are listening to a CD, or some other 2 channel digital signal, there is a delay in the sound where the first little bit of the song is cut off if the audio connection is only HDMI. If you are using analog or a S/PDIF trough optical or coax there isn't a delay so you hear the very beginning of the track selected.

Eric

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

Thanks Eric

So there is no delay in sourrund sound over HDMI?

Comment

• Frank Helmling
            • May 2009

Of course it is, but it's not an issue since this delay only occurs when you start the movie and when skipping a chapter! It would be nice if it wasn't there but not a big prob. With CD's it would be different, everytime you skip a song it would occur (via HDMI - but everybody engages the player via optical cable) My blurayplayer has analog cinch, HDMI and an optical cable attached to the RSX1550 and all of them work simultaneously and get a signal, so I'm free to choose which link I want to use: HDMI for BR-movies, analog cinch for direct stereo without subs and optical for stereo with subs.

My only problem atm is that there is a short "crack" sound when starting a track on cd via optical....
            Greetz from Monnem (Mannheim)

Frank

Comment

• ray5
              • Dec 2008

I don't have any crackling but the delay is certainly there. With one of the updates it has become better perhaps from a 5 second to 2 secind delay so better. It would appear as mentioned in a previous post but also if you pause something and then play again. Only over HDMI though.
              Ray

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"