RSP976 remote probs with Panasonic plasma?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • likwidsh0k
    • Apr 2007

RSP976 remote probs with Panasonic plasma?

Hi guys,

I have a Rotel rsp976 that never had any issues with and just bought a Panasonic 50v10 plasma and the Rotel remote has been bugging me all day.. changed batteries, cleaned everything and still wouldn't play nice. Turned off the tv and everything is fine??

When the tv is on I have to press the buttons several times and is still hit and miss if the command gets through, even when pressing the remote right up against the rotel. Any ideas please what is going on?

Edit: Just watching a DVD thru the PS3 and the Rotel is working fine.. change it from AV to TV and the problem returns?

The remote is the RR969

Thank you

Cheers,
    Lik
    Last edited by likwidsh0k; 27 May 2010, 04:21 Thursday. Reason: New info
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

The TV is interfering with the remote, it also happens to my remotes with a Sharp LCD. Usally only lasts 10 mins while the tv is warming up.

Luca
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Yup, sounds like IR interference. Try adjusting the postion of the receiver.
      Should be worse when the image on the TV is brighter.

Kevin D.

Comment

• likwidsh0k
        • Apr 2007

Thanks alot guys.

Noohohoooo [weeping]... I finally get my dream HT kit and TV and re positioning all setup in my entertainment unit just the way I want it.. and... [more heartbroken despondent weeping]

The thing I don't get is when the TV is set to AV (for the PS3) no problemo, change it to Digital TV and the problem? The perfect example is while on AV press and hold down volume and the numbers tick down, change it to TV and it immediately stops. My Squeezebox remote works fine though whatever its on.

I will be away for the weekend so apologies if I don't reply but will be back on Monday and will try moving things around see what happens.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
        Lik

Comment

• Gianluca
          • Oct 2008

Probably the backlight settings are not the same for those settings. The higher the backlight or brighter the worse the remotes get. My experience atleast. But for whatever reason my remote starts fonctioning as normal about 15mins after the initial turn on of the tv.

Luca
          Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• likwidsh0k
            • Apr 2007

Thanks again guys!

Turning down the brightness worked a treat. Odd that only the Rotel remote is affected? Still not perfect but once tv is run-in I will tweak the settings a bit, but do find that this prob for my tv anyway is there all the time.

Cheers,
            Lik

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"