X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

HD-ready Panasonic Plasma or FHD Samsung LCD

I'm having difficulty to decide on which two screens I should take.

I'm in South Africa and have decide to take the plunge for a big screen.

I'm deciding between these two models:
    Panasonic 42'' TH-P42C10M plasma and Samsung 40'' Series 5 Full HD LCD.

I'll be view HD satellite content most which includes series, movies and (most of the time) sport. F1, football, cricket and rugby.

The two screens are about R1 000 (US$150) apart with the Panasonic the more expensive option. Its only HD ready, but the HD feed I'll be getting only does 760p. The Samsung is a digital TV whereas the Panasonic is not. This is a big consideration as the country has just started with its digital migration program to be completed in 2013.

Also, the Sammy has a 3-year warranty whereas the Panny on 12-months. Also, these are rather low end models, but I'm not willing to spend more as these products get updated more frequently than your anti-virus definitions.. :B ...

I need to decide and decide quickly. I'm in favour of the Panasonic, simply because it seems as if it will be a better viewing experience.
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"
  • numberoneoppa
    • Sep 2009

Get the Samsung - their LCD TVs give plasmas one hell of a run for their money. You can't view them side-by-side before buying them, can you?
    -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"