X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesdaman
    • Apr 2008

Rotel 1068, volume problems

Hi guys got my 1068 set up and now completing a surround sound system. Im having real problems though. To get a good sound from it( im using a 1080 for L R and 1565 for center and surrounds) i have to have the volume at around 75-80. now when i have it that loud there is Alot of static high pitched sounds coming from all the speakers inc the sub. Its like lots of distortion with out a film even playing. I feel this is distacting from the sound(its distacting me enough to not be able to enjoy my system ). Im not sure why its doing this at all. My brother came into the room and he could hear it straight away, i really need help with this please guys. Any thoughts or ideas would be great
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Try removing each source components you have connected to the 1068 and see if it goes away.Also have you tried different cables?If you are getting this on both amps I would not feel it is the amps but I would remove one and test in 2 channel then the other.It sounds like a component source problem.Does it happen on all sources?

Comment

• jamesdaman
      • Apr 2008

im using a playstation 3 at the moment and i dont have a TV ariel where i am so i cant test it with that. Weirdly i watched band of brothers last night and although i could hear the hiss when i paused it, during the film you couldnt notice it and it sounded great. But i then flicked the watchmen on and it sounded all dry and mufflled almost. Im wondering if the watchmen isnt that well recorded?

Comment

• jamesdaman
        • Apr 2008

im not starting to accept the hiss. But one big BIG complaint is the midrange, my girlfriend noticed this straight away. Its like theres no midrange, its all pinched and sounds like its got the volume turned down on it, very Very annouying

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jamesdaman
          im not starting to accept the hiss. But one big BIG complaint is the midrange, my girlfriend noticed this straight away. Its like theres no midrange, its all pinched and sounds like its got the volume turned down on it, very Very annouying
          I would not acept the hiss either.It may be time to call Mike at Rotel and go through some trouble shooting procedures.Even if the unit is out of waranty ,tech support is free and they maybe able to pinpoint the problem.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"