X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nealdb
    • Apr 2007

anyone elase have 1068 problems?

My home theater has a problem holding video signal: picture blacks in and out, especially on hidef channels. i have had comcast out to check signal, have tried various monitors (currently using Loewe Aquos), and cant beat this! dont have problems on any other tv in house. i am on second 1068 (dealer replaced first one). The unit runs very hot, and i have tons of clearance above and behind it. Is there anyone else out there that has sufered this problem and traced it back to the 1068's ability to handle the video signal? suggestions? not much dealer support unfortunately...
  • wheelz7
    • Nov 2005

I have my cctv camera connected to my 1068 and very offten its just a black screen or all fuzzy other time its perfect.Sounds abit like the same problem as yours,i too would be interested in others expereince.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Have you set the progressive settings correctly? Any input with 480p and higher signals needs to have PROGRESSIVE set to YES (this would definitely be your hi-def cable box). Otherwise anytime the OSD tries to display something (volume adjust, surround mode change) it will distort the picture.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nealdb
        • Apr 2007

1068 problems

Thanks Kevin, i will check it out. The picture just degrades slowly until its just black. audio is never compromised, just the picture. its really frustrating... of course hen the shop comes over i cant duplicate it. it doesnt happen when its trying to show other setting changes. and it never does it when i am watching dvd on my marantz disk player, or listening to cd/mp3. just when i am watching tv. and is it normal for it to run egg-frying hot? i have planty of room around it....

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Typically it will be hotter then most amps. If it's too hot to hold your hand on top for a while then something might be wrong.

Did the first one run just as hot and exhibit the same video problem? If so you either have extremely bad luck, or you need to start looking at another source for the problem (power issues maybe?)

Kevin D.

Comment

• mars
            • Sep 2004

1068 was not the most reliable piece rotel has put out, not as bad as some of their DVD players but not of the quality of their amps. Rotel has had quite a QC struggle as of late it seems.

Comment

• Destruction
              • Dec 2006

My home theater has a problem holding video signal: picture blacks in and out, especially on hidef channels. i have had comcast out to check signal, have tried various monitors (currently using Loewe Aquos), and cant beat this! dont have problems on any other tv in house. i am on second 1068 (dealer replaced first one). The unit runs very hot, and i have tons of clearance above and behind it. Is there anyone else out there that has sufered this problem and traced it back to the 1068's ability to handle the video signal? suggestions? not much dealer support unfortunately...
              I assume that you are using component video throughout the system? Are you using any scaling from the RSP-1068 to the monitor?

If the video signal fades like you say, then it may be due to something else in the system - perhaps even the monitor?

I have my cctv camera connected to my 1068 and very offten its just a black screen or all fuzzy other time its perfect.Sounds abit like the same problem as yours,i too would be interested in others expereince.
              wheelz7, In your case the problem seems different. If the signal is sometimes visible and other times it is not then you may find that there is an issue with the video sync (assuming the CCTV is composite video?) - perhaps a sync blaster or similar would help?.

I'm not an expert in CCTV but I have some background knowledge. It would be interesting to know whether the CCTV is a megapixel still frame or standard format type, although PC's are generally used for still frame types.

If you are using the RSP-1068 scaling, I'd recommend checking the PAL/NTSC setting within the OSD menu so that it matches the native format of your CCTV system. You should also run the latest software version on your processor.

I hope this helps.

1068 was not the most reliable piece rotel has put out, not as bad as some of their DVD players but not of the quality of their amps. Rotel has had quite a QC struggle as of late it seems.
              Interesting. I always found this model to be extremely reliable. What are these comments here based upon?

The RSP-1068 was first introduced end of 2003, making it nearly 4 years old. If there was a major QC problem I would have thought that it would have been identified by now.

All the best. 8)
              Best regards,

Comment

• jusdrink
                • Mar 2007

i have had the 1068 for 3 months now use it everyday, the only problem i have is that when i use the menu setup i have to switch to a composite video out to view it other than component because it shows up in all kinds of different letters, not a big hassle for the few times i use the menu.

Comment

• Destruction
                  • Dec 2006

i have had the 1068 for 3 months now use it everyday, the only problem i have is that when i use the menu setup i have to switch to a composite video out to view it other than component because it shows up in all kinds of different letters, not a big hassle for the few times i use the menu.
                  Jusdrink,

It sounds like the OSD characters are distorted, in which case as Kevin said before, you should select 'progressive' in the OSD menu for your video input if you are indeed using progressive or a higher video format. That way you should not have to change video inputs to view the OSD.

The RSP OSD is an interlaced video signal so it cannot be displayed over progressive signals.
                  Best regards,

Comment

• jusdrink
                    • Mar 2007

thanks for your input i will try that out tonight when i get home from work

Comment

• Mark_C.
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mars
                      Ridiculous. On the contrary, if you look at this board as a gauge, complaints about the 1068 are barely a blip.

Comment

• PhotoRobot
                        • Feb 2005

I may be one of the blips. My 1068 failed in the first month of ownership with a failed power button. I received a new unit and it worked fine for 2 years until I hooked up my brand new n805's. The left rear channel failed, and then the centre channel failed.

I can say I impressed with a 5 year warranty but was this fault built in from the outset. My entire system is down for four weeks while repairs occur.

However, your problem sounds like the OSD progressive settings.

Comment

• jusdrink
                          • Mar 2007

yea so i went into the osd last nite turned out it didnt have it set to progressive on all i only had set to 1 input thats why i was haveing the problem with the crazy looking letters, but thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"