X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokes
    • Sep 2005

1550 or separates for apartment?

I would like to upgrade my Rotel 1056.
    I have been looking at what pioneer has to offer- I am tempted by the Class D ICE of the SC25. (My television is a Pio Kuro and Blu ray is the 51FD)
    but i still want to give Rotel a fair shake.
    The 1055 seems like the best bet.
    I live in a NYC apartment and try to be considerate to my neighbors. I keep volume at a responsible level- in fact 75% of the time I wear Pioneer surround headphones when watching movies!)
    That said I would like to have the cleanest sound- at these lower volumes- does it matter if I play through a receiver or separates?

Speakers currently are B&W CM2's, B&W center and cheap HK rear wall mounts.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

This is a tough call. I'd lean more towards the RSX-1550 given your speakers and the fact that you're in an apartment. An RSP-1570 and RMB-1565 would sound different because of the amps being a different design, so which one would be better would be up to you. If you like the performance of the RSX-1056 you have, I'll know you'll like the RSX-1550. The amplifier sections are the same but the preamp section, the DACs and the DSP engine are all greatly improved in the new one.

That's my two cents.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"