X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atinaebud
    • Sep 2005

3 time rb1080 system failure

This is the 3rd time my rb1980 has blown the left channel upon shut down and I am very unhappy. I emailed tech support 0n Feb. 22 and have not received a reply which is making me even angrier. I explained in my email that the first 2 times it was under warranty and now it is not, which is making me even angrier than ever. What do I have to do to get them to respond and what do I have to do to get them to fix this so it does not blow again?! I am very, very, very, angry over the lack of response and the lack of their ability to fix the system, in addition to the cost of sending it for repair. i have all the paperwork from both repairs and a lot of the written correspondence between me and Rotel in Reading M ass. I know who I talked to and what was said. This is not a very much used, and never abused system and considering that since purchase in 2002, I bet there are less than 500 hours of total use; words do not accurately express my anger which is bordering on outrage. Can someone please help me with this? My last posts in 2005 have lengthy discourse about this very issue and the lack of response from Andrew etc. There was also people who replied that under certain circumstances Rotel would replace the unit. Well, I don't know what parts they replaced but after 3 times with the same failure something different needs to be done and done soon!!! Thank you.
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

I would call Rotel and speak to Mike.The number is 978 664 3820.You will most likely not get a live person unless you press Zero on you phone which will take you to the operator.Mikes extension is 215 which is also the general delievery mail box for Rotel Support.Leave a message and phone number and am sure when Mike gets it he will call you.Due to the economy Rotel has also had to cut back so it could take a day or two but I guarantee you they are not trying to avoid you.

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

I had 3 failures with my new RB-1080, the 2nd and 3rd time it was replaced with a new unit (3rd having the offical upgrade), in the end I wasn't happy with it and sold it through Ebay and purchased something better sounding and far more reliable. The ebay buyer of my RB-1080 contacted me about 6 months after selling it with yet another left channel fuse issue even though it was a new unit which had the offical Rotel upgrade !!!!!

JDH.

Originally posted by atinaebud
      This is the 3rd time my rb1980 has blown the left channel upon shut down and I am very unhappy. I emailed tech support 0n Feb. 22 and have not received a reply which is making me even angrier. I explained in my email that the first 2 times it was under warranty and now it is not, which is making me even angrier than ever. What do I have to do to get them to respond and what do I have to do to get them to fix this so it does not blow again?! I am very, very, very, angry over the lack of response and the lack of their ability to fix the system, in addition to the cost of sending it for repair. i have all the paperwork from both repairs and a lot of the written correspondence between me and Rotel in Reading M ass. I know who I talked to and what was said. This is not a very much used, and never abused system and considering that since purchase in 2002, I bet there are less than 500 hours of total use; words do not accurately express my anger which is bordering on outrage. Can someone please help me with this? My last posts in 2005 have lengthy discourse about this very issue and the lack of response from Andrew etc. There was also people who replied that under certain circumstances Rotel would replace the unit. Well, I don't know what parts they replaced but after 3 times with the same failure something different needs to be done and done soon!!! Thank you.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• atinaebud
        • Sep 2005

thanks

Thanks for the info. All I have is about 5 years old and Mike was not someone I had on my list. Also, as the next reply indicates, even the replacement units may have a problem. I am going to try to get it replaced.... good luck to me, I guess.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"