X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audioclyde
    • Aug 2000

AVP software updates (lack thereof)

Is anyone else frustrated with Proceed/Madrigal's failure to get the 96/24 update out? I was an early purchaser of the AVP, and inquired shortly thereafter (after purchasing a 96/24 digital out capable transport) and was told the update would be out shortly. It's now almost 2 years later! Since the Mark Levinson components have made the jump to 96/24, it seems they have forgotten we lowly Proceed buyers! Also, I have asked about more x-over options (even more x-over points, and ability to set different x-overs for different modes), again was told to expect something soon. That was also 8-9 months ago (I have the update that allows the x-over down to 50).

Just venting abit; I like the performance, although lately my AVP has a glitch that seems to have the L-R front channel balance out of whack only in the music surround mode.
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Clyde, I remember when those updates were supposed to be coming, supposed to be coming, and ....

I also know that some people were very frustrated a year ago. I think it's time to contact Madrigal with this question. Therefore, I am going to send your message to Proceed, direct them to the forum, and let them either 1. comment publically here 2. comment to me in email 3. Say nothing.

Let's certainly hope it's one or two. I am sending the message now.

Done 10/11/00 message sent to Magrigal Audio. I will be awaiting contact by them.

Thanks,

Lex

Comment

• Audioclyde
      • Aug 2000

Lex,

Good idea and I hope there is a good answer, but I've communicated with them via e-mail more than once over the months to express my frustration. It's too bad because I've found the Proceed folks to by very nice and helpful. I'm to the point I wish they would just tell us "We're not doing 96/24 until _________." Who knows, maybe you and this forum can get some attention

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Clyde, Mr. Todd Sutherland of Madrigal emailed me back today. In fact twice because the first message came back undeliverable. So, he tried hard to get word to me today.

Anyway, he assured me that Madrigal's response would be coming tomorrow. He has been traveling. So, hang here, and we will see what tomorrow holds.

Thanks,

Lex

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"