X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armond
    • Dec 2005

just got home and my beloved Rotel isnt working

hey guys, I havent posted here in a while. My trusted Rotel RSX-1055 is not working. The blue power button is on but there is no sound and the display lights arent lit as well. My wife apparently moved the furniture around and there is a chance that the banana plugs attached to the speaker came loose and touched. Is there anything I can do to trouble shoot before I send this out for repair? It really sucks to have no music at home. TIA
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I'm assuming you have unplugged it for a few minutes and tried again.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Armond
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      I'm assuming you have unplugged it for a few minutes and tried again.

Kevin D.
      let me try Kevin and will report back..thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

• Armond
        • Dec 2005

still nothing

unplugged the cord. waited five min. still getting the same result. What should I do next?

Comment

• Industrial
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Armond
          unplugged the cord. waited five min. still getting the same result. What should I do next?
          How many fuses does it have? If it's more then one (because it lights up) then maybe one of them went.

Comment

• Gianluca
            • Oct 2008

According to Rotel fuse chart ir has;

RSX-1055 7A (main AC) 2 x 2A (power supply) the later being inside. All of which are slo-blow GMA size.

Luca
            Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• BlueSander
              • Apr 2008

well, hope you find fix soon. Anyhow, if anything, I have a RSX-1076 up for sale soon lol.

Comment

• Armond
                • Dec 2005

are the fuses easily located? I hear a click and slight hum right after I power up but again no sound and no lights

Comment

• Glen B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2004

Unplug the unit and remove the top. Look for the two rail fuses on the power supply PC board, near the power transformer.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                    • Oct 2007

Just a thought - have you disconnected everything (speakers and inputs) and tried it with a single source and front speakers only?

Comment

• Armond
                      • Dec 2005

yup..tried that too. looks like I'm going to have to send it in.

Comment

• Samfuzi
                        • Feb 2010

Same problem :S

I have the exact same problem. My brother also have a Rotel pre amp (dont remember model, but newer than mine), and he ALSO have the same problem...

Power LED is on, but no sound and no display...

I would very much like to hear if u fixed this issue.

/Samfuzi

Comment

• bcolley
                          • Apr 2011

I have this same problem but it is intermittent. Even when the display comes on though I have no audio through the front speakers but I have sub output. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

• madmac
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2010

If it's under warranty....don't play around with it. Bring it back to the store you bought it from and they will send it back to Rotel for repair. At least then, you are covered and the warranty work is covered as well. Be very descriptive to them about the problem, what happens and when it started to happen. Good luck !!
                            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• windshear
                              • Dec 2004

Before you send it away. Have you tried to initalise the unit? The sequence should be in the manual, it could be the processor may just need to be fully reset through an initialisation. You will of course lose your settings, but its a small price to pay if it works.

Comment

• madmac
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by windshear
                                Before you send it away. Have you tried to initalise the unit? The sequence should be in the manual, it could be the processor may just need to be fully reset through an initialisation. You will of course lose your settings, but its a small price to pay if it works.

Your gonna' have to explain to the dude how to do an "Initialization" !!
                                Dan Madden :T

Comment

• windshear
                                  • Dec 2004

Ok let me rephrase. Firstly im not familiar with the 1055. However looking in my old RSP1068 manual the term they use is restoring to factory defaults. Im not sure if it explains in your manaul how to do it with just pushing the buttons on the front. I see in the RSP1068 you have to do it via the menu. Refer to your manual it will explain how.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"