X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lexasa
    • Jan 2010

rotel 1560 playstation3 hdmi

Hi all,

I do enjoy my system but in very limited way.
    I have Rotel 1560, PS3, Panasonic AE3000. My problem is that there is no menu/games picture from playstation. Bluray disks are played fine @1080p but once I stop it - bang! only blue screen of projector. I tried to hook up PS3 directly to projector and it shows everything fine.

Also I tried to connect SageTV (media extender) via HDMI and it works only if I set 480p resolution. My two Panasonic plasmas do full HD with the extenders.

I have a Monster hdmi cable and receiver has latest firmware.

Any thoughts?
  • Alfred
    • Apr 2009

I had the same problem with my (old) setup at home. The critical part of the setup was the huge length of the HDMI cable. After some invstigations and researches in diffrent forums, I buyed a HDMI booster to solve the issue. As I read, the critical length is 7, 8 meters for a HDMI cable and the PS3. But since I changed my RSP 1066 to the RSP 1570, the HDMI signal is powerful enough and the booster is switched off.

Regards,
    Alfred

Comment

• lexasa
      • Jan 2010

Thanks. I do have approx 10 meters cable from receiver to projector but the only thing that doesn't compute now is the playback of bluray movies at full HD. I guess I'm running some kind of weird HDCP issue. Going try hdmi booster.

Comment

• lexasa
        • Jan 2010

Thanks a lot!!!

I've put Gefen Super Booster Plus and it worked!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

Edit: sorry I didn't read that you already addressed the problem.

Comment

• hurin
            • Sep 2009

Wish I has seen this sooner. You could probably also solve the problem by setting output to 1080/24 which you should do anyhow.

Comment

• Alfred
              • Apr 2009

@lexasa: Good to hear! :-)

@hurin: My projector doesn't display 24p. I cannot say anything to that point.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"