X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockbobmel
    • Dec 2005

Glitch with my RSP 1098

I got it back and they updated the firmware and also had HDMI board installed. I have been having glitches when I am on my cable box. (( I tried to use the HDMI ins and outs but I can't get my TV to see the HDMI2 input yet.))
    Anyway, I am using Components in and outs (same as before) but I get this glitch where the pic goes crooked, then a series of small color dashes on the complete screen, then it straightens out.

Any ideas on either issue? Thanks Much, Bob
    Bob M.- Visit! http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepjij3/

Rotel RSP-1098
    Rotel RB 1080
    Rotel RB 976
    Arcam CD192
    Arcam DV89
    Arcam P-25
    Panasonic DMP BD55
    Samsung HD 42 Plasma
    Klipsch RF-7s Dean Xovers
    Klipsch RC-7 x 2 Dean Xovers
    Klipsch RS-62s
    Klipsch RSW-15
    Velodyne ULD-15
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

no clue on that... the fact that it's an analog signal makes me wonder why that would be happening (almost sounds more like a digital type of a thing).

Only thing I could say to try is a different Video input and see if it happens on that one as well. Of course try with it hooked directly to the TV as well and see if you can get it to repeat (maybe something weird with the cablebox that just started. Though I doubt it.

Double check the cables too...

About all I can think, maybe try you DVD player through the same component connections and see if it happens with that.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• rockbobmel
      • Dec 2005

Thanks. Good idea. I still can't figure out why my tv doesent see the hdmi2.
      Bob M.- Visit! http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepjij3/

Rotel RSP-1098
      Rotel RB 1080
      Rotel RB 976
      Arcam CD192
      Arcam DV89
      Arcam P-25
      Panasonic DMP BD55
      Samsung HD 42 Plasma
      Klipsch RF-7s Dean Xovers
      Klipsch RC-7 x 2 Dean Xovers
      Klipsch RS-62s
      Klipsch RSW-15
      Velodyne ULD-15

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Most likely you haven't told the 1098 which inputs are 480p and up (720p, 1080i). I would bet you are seeing the on-screen-display (which is 480i only) trying to overlay on top of the 480p+ signal.

Go into the setup menu (may have to do it on an unused input) and then into the display menu. Turn PROGRESSIVE on for those inputs where you have 480p and up sources.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Fishy
          • Jul 2004

Wish we could get the HDMI upgrade over here! Spoke to Rotel UK and they enquired about it, but never got the kit over to try.

Fish

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"