X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruinfn4lf
    • Dec 2009

RSP-1570 digital inputs not working

Today the digital inputs (coaxial) on my 2 month old RSP-1570 started to output a loud sort of white noise. I at first beleived it was the cable box but switched to the DVD input and the same noise occurred. The analog inputs work as usual.
    Does anyone know of a quick fix, a reboot somehow, or is it a bring it in to the shop issue?
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

I would first make sure that a connected digital source is not somehow affecting the processor by disconnecting all digital audio and HDMI sources.

If the noise goes away, you can reconnect them one at a time until the culprit is found.

If the noise persists, the next thing I would try is restoring the Factory Defaults. This will erase all of your stored customized configuration settings, but if it doesn't help it will probably need to go in for service anyway.

Main Menu > Defaults > Factory Default > Yes

Good Luck.

Steve

Comment

• Bruinfn4lf
      • Dec 2009

I went at the problem again with a fresh mind this morning and yes, the DVD input had been changed to the same as the cable. When I switched the DVD to the correct digital input it worked fine. So it is the cable box not the pre/pro, which is good because the cable box is rented so I can take it in for exchange.
      The cable box can be changed from Dolby Digital output to "other" digital output -the "other" works but the Dolby Digital" just outputs the loud white noise.
      _

Rotel RSP-1570, Arcam Alpha 10(used as power amp only), Alpha 10P-2, Alpha 10P-3, Linn Keilidhs (mains biamped), Linn Trikan (center), Linn Kans (surrounds), Cambridge 640Cv2, Toshiba 57HX83, Denon DVD-1710.

Comment

• macwrede
        • Apr 2009

I'm not an expert in this field, but I think that the problem is not your cable box. By switching your output from Dolby Digital to 'other', you are now just getting a 2-channel PCM feed thereby bypassing the dolby processing in your Rotel. My guess is that you are not getting any sound from the center or surrounds when you do this. It may sound like the problem has gone away when in reality it is just being masked by not requiring your Rotel to do any decoding.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"