X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsl
    • Jul 2004

Advice needed on RSX1067 vs RSP1068/1095

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this choice regarding Pre/pro and Amp (to power B&W 703 Fronts and mathcing Surrounds):

1) RSX 1067 and and 1080 (2 x 200W) to power the 2 fron channels

2) RSP 1068 and 1095 (5 x 200w)

I like option 2, becuase I want to go the separates route, but question the "overkill" of the 200w going through the center and surrounds. Also, i loose the "functionality" of the RSX 1067 -

In terms of Processing sound, how much real "edge" does the 1068 have over the 1067 - if any?

has anyone tested them??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If you plan on going the seperates route I'd say 1068/1075/1080 or as you stated 1068/1095. If you can afford the 1075/1080 it's the best of both worlds. Otherwise if you get the 1067 and decide to upgrade your processor in a couple years you'll have to buy new amps again as well. Cheaper in the long run and will offer a squeek better sonics in the mean time. The real difference in sound quality between the two isn't likely huge but true seperates will always sound better IMO.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• fivepack
      • Aug 2004

I'm really new to this and bought the 1068/1075. But i also listened to the 1067 en imo the separates do sound a lot better, that is on my speakers.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

What functionality would you loose with the 1068 over the 1067? Other then the tuner I don't see a difference feature wise. I'd say go for the 1068 combo if you can...it'll sound better and give you greater flexibility later on.

Comment

• rsl
          • Jul 2004

Thanks for your 5cents guys,

I will probably go with the 1068/1095 COMBO

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Try to give the 1080/1075 combo a listen too. It will give you awesome two-channel, the ability to do 7.1, bi-amp the centre and do 6.1 or do a second zone and still have ample power for the surrounds/centre.

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

I concur with Jason, try the 1068, 1075 (rear channel duties), and the RB-1080 (front channel duties). I think this combination provides better bang for the buck, which is btw the same price as the RMB-1095 ($2,000 US), the RMB-1075 & RB-1080 ($2000.00 US).

Regards,

Arman

Comment

• EricTh
                • Dec 2002

I currently have a 1080 and did a blind comparison with a krell kav3250 (250 watt 3-channel) and couldn't consistently differentiate between the two (we were shocked - even had another so-called audiophile come over after doubting us and he couldn't either [now I know why none of those guys in the stores will do blind tests]).

So I'm thinking of getting my $3000. back and picking up a 1075 to go with the 1080 but I'm worried about the center channel. I will only ever do 5.1 so if I bi-amp I'll have an extra channel (not a big deal) but will I be lacking the needed oomph in the center channel as compared to the R/L with the 1080 (one thing I could tell a difference with the krell was the seemless front soundstage for all three channels)?

Eric

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

I don't think there'd be any problem with the 1075 powering the center, especially if you bi-amp and especially if you bi-amp "properly" (crossover between pre/pro and amp). Just to be certain, is there a way you could convince your dealer to have a listen to that configuration?

Jason
                  Jason

Comment

• EricTh
                    • Dec 2002

I'll bring it home for a listen and see...

Your "bi-amp properly" comment is intriguing - would that work against the design of my speaker's internal crossover? Can you give more detail as to how one would setup an external crossover?

Thanks
                    Eric

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

For bi-amping info check out this thread:

and this one:

Jason
                      Jason

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"