X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Rotel 1068 & Oppo bdp 83?

hello all,

any rotel rsp-1068 & oppo bdp-83 combo owner out there? i'm thinking about upgrading from my panasonic bd-55 to the oppo bdp 83. will it be a major difference or just minor with the audio? 6-channel in/outputs for hd sound. i'm using a sony 60xrb2 for viewing also.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • rhinopilot
    • Jan 2009

June,

I have an RSP-1068 and Oppo BDP-83. I just purchased the upgrade for the Special Edition and will be taking it to Oppo in two weeks, provided I get an RMA by then, to have them upgrade it. I made two simultaneous changes - I went from a Denon AVR-2309ci and Sony BDP-350 to the Rotel/Oppo combination. I'm happy with the Oppo - the load times are much faster but I think the analog outputs are lacking a little compared to the HDMI audio I was getting previously, hence the upgrade. I'll be able to give more info once the upgrade is complete.

As far as an upgrade to the sound quality, there are certainly people on this forum with more technical expertise than me but I'm under the impression you are not using analog outputs from your current player to the 1068. If that is the case, I don't think you can listen to the new, lossless audio formats. I can tell quite a difference between them and enjoy being able to do so with the Oppo. FYI - I run the video via HDMI directly to my HDTV and I couldn't tell any difference there. As most people have said the real benefit of the Oppo is its load times, convenience with connections, and ability to play multiple formats.

Hopefully someone with a PH.D. in Audio-ology can give you some more technical advice.

-Mike

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

thanks rhinopilot,

i'm very happy with my current set up. but everyone is raving about the oppo.
      just looking the buy myself something for christmas.
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"