X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Oppo BDP-93

Looks like another winner coming very soon from Oppo. Here's an intro story to whet your appetite...

Oppo BDP-93 Networking Universal Blu-ray Player

I think the best news is that even with all the new functionality, they're holding the price at $499. :T
    Brad
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Very, VERY cool. This one just moved onto my short list. Till now, I've been sticking with my PS3 as my original and only BD player. This may change that.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Ooh, just the ticket!! I was looking at going BD this Christmas, and was looking at the BDP-83, but saw that it didn't support 3D. Looks like Oppo answered my "complaint" I never made.

Time to start saving...

Comment

• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Thanks for the link :T I'm looking to upgrade my Sony BDP-S350 at some stage. This could be the one.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

I am still very pleased with the performance of my OPPO BDP-83 Special Edition as a universal player for Bluray, SACD and CD, and the occasional DVD, and see/hear no reason to upgrade for music. However, when Citizen Kane, Ben Hur and Casablanca finally come out on 3D Bluray (the way the directors undoubtedly would have wanted them presented if the technology had been available at the time of their production), I'll be tempted to add a 3D capable model to my system. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

I'm still very happy with my BDP-83 as well. I have no desire for 3D, but I do like the inclusion of streaming video (Netflix, etc.). I currently use the little Roku box for this, but it would nice to be able to eliminate another box in my cabinet. I was looking at the new Denons for a bit, but I would much prefer sticking with Oppo after my positive experiences with the BDP-83 and before that, the DV-980H.
            Brad

Comment

• btf1980
              • Aug 2007

Am I the only one who prefers the look of the current bdp-83 over the new 93?
              A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• ray5
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
                I am still very pleased with the performance of my OPPO BDP-83 Special Edition as a universal player for Bluray, SACD and CD, and the occasional DVD, and see/hear no reason to upgrade for music. However, when Citizen Kane, Ben Hur and Casablanca finally come out on 3D Bluray (the way the directors undoubtedly would have wanted them presented if the technology had been available at the time of their production), I'll be tempted to add a 3D capable model to my system. :>)
                Off topic but have you heard anything about Ben Hur in Blu ray?? I am soooooo waiting for that!
                Ray

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by ray5
                  Off topic but have you heard anything about Ben Hur in Blu ray?? I am soooooo waiting for that!
                  Ray
                  Last I read it was going to be released in 2011, but no specific date.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by btf1980
                    Am I the only one who prefers the look of the current bdp-83 over the new 93?
                    I have to admit that I've never been a fan of the looks of the -83. I'm just not partial to that "broken into thirds" look. I do like the cleaner, flowing lines of the -93.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Anybody else notice the ad that's next to this Oppo press release now?

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• btf1980
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by David Meek
                        I have to admit that I've never been a fan of the looks of the -83. I'm just not partial to that "broken into thirds" look. I do like the cleaner, flowing lines of the -93.
                        On more glances, the look is warming up to me. A clean faceplate. I like it. :T

A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"