X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

RSP-1068 replacement...

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted on the Rotel forum. Nice to see the club is still alive and kicking!

I'm considering a pre/pro replacement, on which I'm hoping to receive some feedback.

I'm being offered a nice deal on a matching Classe SSP-600 pre/pro. However looking at compatibility with the new HD video and audio formats the SSP-600 is just as 'outdated' as my current RSP-1068 and I'm not sure the investment will be 'justified' by a gain in sound quality only.

As the Classe SSP-800 is way out of budget I'm considering Rotel alternatives: the RSP-1069 (which can be found nowadays for interesting prices), the RSP-1570 and soon the RSP-1580, all of which offer compatibility with the new HD formats through HDMI inputs. However as I have no experience with HD sound whatsoever I don't know if I'll be missing out).

I use my system mainly for HT purpose; i.e. digital cable TV / radio and upscaled DVDs / Blu Rays via my PS3. Occasionally I listen to CDs, for which I use my RDV-1050... My speakers are 805S / HTM4S and a soon to arrive pair of SCMS. Sub is a Velodyne SPL1200-R.

Although extra functionality is always welcome, I'm mainly looking for improvement in sound quality. Maybe one of you can share your thoughts?

Thanx in advance!
    Last edited by weijst; 08 May 2012, 12:21 Tuesday.
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"