X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edgard
    • Oct 2009

A Question for HT Rotel Decoders

HI, I already have a RSP-1068; with a std Denon DVD. I'd like to buy a Blue-Ray for the HD Movies. But I'm not convinced to do that, because my 1068 don't have the specific codecs for DTS-HD and TRU-HD; does anyone of you can suggest me an alternative for this, in order to avoid change my currect Rotel Gear and take advantges of them.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Buy a blue-Ray player with internal decoding (they're not even expensive anymore) and use the 5.1 analog output with the dierect analog inputs on your processor.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• maxwebster
      • Mar 2009

If the 1068 takes MULTI-LPCM, then the PS3 will decode for you, but I'm not sure the 1069 supports it, I do believe I'm thinking about the 1069 which I almost purchased because of this feature.

Comment

• edgard
        • Oct 2009

Thanks Mike for the by-pass solution, could you recomend me anyone in special?

Comment

• edgard
          • Oct 2009

Thanks maxwebster for SP3 alternate solution, I'll consider too.

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

The PS3 won't work for your situation if you want to get the lossless audio from BDs since it doesn't have a multi-channel analog output.

There are a few players that do have them and they vary greatly in price. One player that I'd recommend is the Denon BDP-2010CI. It's a very nice BD player in terms of picture quality for both BD and DVD playback. The analog output is also very good sounding and it has proper set up for bass management, speaker distance and channel level. Quite a number of players I've come across don't have proper capabilities for their decoders and/or don't sound as good.

Here is a link to Denon's web site page for it.

Every detail of a Denon audio product is crafted with a single goal in mind: to enhance the entertainment experience. Build your home theater here.

Eric

Comment

• ray5
              • Dec 2008

OPPO BDP 83! Outstanding performance.http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83
              Ray

Comment

• june
                • Feb 2005

edgard,

i have the 1068 with sony 550 player. the sony decodes the hd formats :E
                i would have brought the oppo but couldn't wait for the release date. very happy with the sony / rotel combo.
                June
                "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• maxwebster
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                  The PS3 won't work for your situation if you want to get the lossless audio from BDs since it doesn't have a multi-channel analog output.

There are a few players that do have them and they vary greatly in price. One player that I'd recommend is the Denon BDP-2010CI. It's a very nice BD player in terms of picture quality for both BD and DVD playback. The analog output is also very good sounding and it has proper set up for bass management, speaker distance and channel level. Quite a number of players I've come across don't have proper capabilities for their decoders and/or don't sound as good.

Here is a link to Denon's web site page for it.

Every detail of a Denon audio product is crafted with a single goal in mind: to enhance the entertainment experience. Build your home theater here.

Eric
                  Clarification: The PS3 slim bitstreams lossless via HDMI, or you can set it to decode the TrueHD and DTS-HD MA internally to send as LPCM via the HDMI. The PPCM is compressed, but oh so awesome too!

Comment

• TopmeTom
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ray5
                    OPPO BDP 83! Outstanding performance.http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83
                    Ray
                    :agree:

Stunning,stunning, combo with my 1069/1075.
                    older.Budweiser...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"