X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

H 9A Message on my Rotel???

Hello all,

I recently connected my Rotel RSX-972 receiver to the Zone 2 connections of my 1068 to power 2 pairs of speakers located throughout my home.
    I am using Elan volume controls with the correct impedence jumpers set.
    I have the speakers connected to the Front Left and Right Channels and the RCA connectors from the front pre-output to the Zone 2 on the 1068.

I have noticed that on the left portion of the display on the 972, H 9A appears for the input selected. I instantly thought this may be an error message. Upon restarting the receiver, the display remains the same.
    Anybody have any idea what this means? The amp is running cool and is not making any sort of clicking sounds, that indicate a short.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by chanlon
    Hello all,
    I have the speakers connected to the Front Left and Right Channels and the RCA connectors from the front ***pre-output*** to the Zone 2 on the 1068.

Anybody have any idea what this means? The amp is running cool and is not making any sort of clicking sounds, that indicate a short.

Thanks,
    Chris
    If you meant front ***input***, then you should be ok. Otherwise you're feeding an output from the 1068 to an output of the 972. And somehow backfeeding a signal to the amp. I would connect the zone2 out to something like the CD input on the 972..

Kevin D.

Comment

• chanlon
      • Sep 2003

Sorry Kevin, this is what I meant. You run the left and right Zone 2 outputs on the 1068 to the left and right inputs on the 972 (namely front inputs on the 5.1 CH input?)

Thanks again,
      Chris

Comment

• GosonFletchy
        • May 2004

If you mean that instead of saying "TUNER" on the display of the unit, when the tuner input is selected, it says H 9A, then it sounds like it is labeled that way. Just go in and erase the label, from the OSD, and set it back to what it was originally. I am not sure if resetting the unit erases custom labeling or not.

G.

:grab:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"