X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabian
    • Sep 2009

CD player problem

Recently I bought a complete hifi-system and the components are all by Rotel. (rcd1072 - ra1070 - rb1072).

I'm very satisfied by my choices but I encountered a problem with my cd player.
    The music seems to skip whenever I slightly tap against the cabinet in which the cd player is installed.
    The slightly tap is produced by gently closing a drawer or sliding door of the cabinet.

I was very surprised (and also disappointed) to find out this expensive equipment to be so sensitive.

I have returned to the hifi store to ask if my experience is normal?
    They told me: With these high quality equipment, the lasers are very punctually adjusted to acquire the maximum quality.

punctually adjustment --- better quality --- more sensitive

Is this true??
    Does my Rotel RCD-1072 function as it should??
    Rotel RCD-1072 ------ Rotel RA-1070 ------ Rotel RB-1072 ------Rotel RDV-1093 ----- B&W 683
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

It shouldn't skip that easily. I've never heard someone say that about a laser before. If anything, a high quality player should be more immune to shocks and vibration to increase performance, not the other way around.

Eric

Comment

• Fabian
      • Sep 2009

That's what I thought aswell.
      It's a shame that some tries to avoid his responsibilty. Or he's just saying things without considering the consequenses.

I've directed an email to Rotel. When I return to this hifi store, their answer will provide me the back up I need.
      Rotel RCD-1072 ------ Rotel RA-1070 ------ Rotel RB-1072 ------Rotel RDV-1093 ----- B&W 683

Comment

• Fabian
        • Sep 2009

Rotel responded. They told me that it is possible that the CD mechanism may be out of adjustment, making it more sensitive than normal. They suggested the unit should be checked over by a suitable engineer.

Rotel great service.

However my local dealer should be ashamed for given me poor information.

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi,

ihavetested a pair of cd player ...not rotel (Prima & Pirmaluna ops: )

and they are payer more expensive vs. a 1072... exppec. the Primare ($.3200 ca.) and with my classe combo (SSP800&CA5200) I had the same "problems.

not always but my blueray Pio lx91/09 don't have - made this "game"!!!!

p.s: the cd disc are new!!, just opened

well, if i muss purchase a cd player from $. 2-3000 and have this "skip" :evil: :evil:

Style

Comment

• Fabian
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by style
            well, if i muss purchase a cd player from $. 2-3000 and have this "skip" :evil: :evil:

Style
            I have trouble understanding your post Style.
            But I presume you encountered the same problems with more expensive equipment? Will you take further actions?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"