X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freek
    • Mar 2008

SSP-300 and headphone amp problem

I am new to this forum, and an owner of an ssp-300 ca-5100 combination.
    this week i bought a musical fidelity x-can-v3 headphone amp. (for the late hours...)

when i connect the headphone amp to the rec1 or the zone output, i only get a signal when i select an analog imput. when i use a digital imput there is nothing...

is it possible to get an analog output for my headphone amp using a digital input? i do not like to disconnect my power amp every time.

regards for your help :T
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The SSP-300, like most (but not all) preamps and receivers, doesn't have digital to analog converters for the record and zone outputs. That being the case you need to connect analog cables from whatever sources you want to listen to with your headphones. The only time you would ever need to disconnect your power amp would be if you have a source that has only a digital output and you need to use the DACs in the SSP-300.

Eric

Comment

• Freek
      • Mar 2008

Thanks Eric,

i did not know that. learning every day!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"