X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

RSX-1560 and TiVo audio loss

I just updated my firmware (courtesy of Rotel) to the "latest" version : 1.1.6. However, when I pause my TiVo (connected via HDMI) and then hit play again, there is no audio. If I skip back 30 seconds though, the sound comes back on.

I presume this is a firmware issue with the RSX-1560. I thought I've read where some people had later updates than the 1.1.6 I have. Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I have an issue with my Tivo where if the stream is interrupted (a lot of really quick skips or glitch on OTA channel) the sound will go out. Skipping back will fix the problem.

My has done it from day one, yours just started with 1.1.6? I'm running a beta version of 1.1.6 and haven't had a chance to go to the final version. Best bet is to email techsupport@bwgroupusa.com just to let them know the problem is out there.

You did do a factory default after the update right?

Kevin D.

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

It was with the original firmware (don't remember, but I THINK it was 1.06), AND with the 1.16 firmware. I've had the same experience with skipping back fixing the problem. I also e-mailed Rotel as you suggested. They were unaware of the issue and thought perhaps the monitor was causing the problem. i'll e-mail them back and let them know i'm not the only one.

Also, the current firmware they are working on does not currently address any HDMI sync issues, so there are apparently no related concerns they have know about either.

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

Ok, i've noticed something *kind of* new about this. I'm currently only using two speakers. When I pause and hit play, the receiver seems to think it should decode the audio as though I have 5.1 speakers. I can still hear music (if its there) or other sound that I suspect is part of the front left and front right 5.1 audio. However, as I have no center channel, there's no audio dialog. Again, when I back up 30 seconds, this goes back to normal.

Thus it seems the Rotel "forgets" that I only have 2 speakers when I pause a show. Go figure.

Has anyone tried a firmware update beyond 1.16?

Comment

• ray5
          • Dec 2008

I had the same problem, not just with DVR issue but even Blu-ray etc. Once I pause and then play again there is a audio pause of about 10 seconds. It was in the original and even after the 1.1.6 firmware, I have the 1570. I don't know if the 1.1.8 firmware resolves this issue.
          Ray

Comment

• grit
            • Jan 2005

I'll try the 1.18 tonight and see what happens.

Comment

• grit
              • Jan 2005

I finally updated the firmware on my 1560 to version 1.19. Between that and the 1.13 audio update, all of the problems are gone.

As a recap - with only 2 channels connected, when I watched 5.1 or higher source material and paused the material, when I unpaused it, the receiver would revert to thinking I had all 5 speakers hooked up, and not downmix the center channel to the left/right speaker. It now works properly.

Yea Rotel!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"