X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

Help - firmware questions for RSX-1550

I have an RSX-1550 with some... issues. When I turn it on, it won't see my Tivo's HDMI output. I can fix the problem by switching to another video input for a few seconds, then returning to the TV, but that kinda irritates my wife. I believe it does this on other sources as well, so its not just the Tivo.

Regardless of that issue, I'd like to find out where the firmware updates are. I've seem people talking about them, but I can't find ANY firmware updates for the 1550 or 1560.

My current version is 1.1.1, and after reading, it seems like they're nearer 1.6 and likely on the way (if not done) with 1.2.

Any help is appreciated!
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Rotel doesn't post them on their web site. To get them send them an e-mail at techsupport@bwgroupusa.com and ask nicely. It's a long process and there are three parts that can be updated. Because of that they don't post them on their web site.

Eric

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

Thanks. Got 'em.

Now, can anyone tell me if a USB -> RJ45 is the same as USB -> DB-9 -> RJ45? I think I'm losing the COM port option, but as I dont have the cable, I cant test it.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

They are different. You need an USB to serial adapter and then use the cable that came with the receiver to connect to it. Here is a thread that talks about a couple of adapters that are available if you don't have one already.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"