X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

DAC's

Just wondering....has any one used an external DAC with their Rotel CDP? I'm thinking of getting one....the Music Hall external DAC, and wanted opionions before I spent the coin. Thanks
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

So no one has use a DAC with Rotel CDPS?
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Yes rantzmar, I've used an LFD DAC3 external DAC with my Rotel RCD-855 CD player and I prefer the sound of the DAC3. I have also tried the DAC3 with my OPPO DVD player and it sounded the same as the 855 with the DAC3, i.e. the transport made no difference. I now use the OPPO plus the DAC3 as a universal player for CDs and DVDs. The 855 is still connected (not via the DAC3) and is used occasionally by my wife.

Nigel.

Comment

• rantzmar
        • May 2009

Thanks Nigel. Im doing a lots of research on DAC's and would rather go that way than a new CDP. But I want one that will make a difference. I think I may have to spend at least a grand new and any where from 500 to 700 used to get one that will take the Rotel up a notch. Although I hear the Rotel has very good DACs already in them. A friend of mine has a Electrocompaniet CDP that was just wonderful. IF I could get a DAC that would elevate the Rotel to that class of sound I would be in audio bliss. Im still tweaking my two channel room and the gear to get it where I want it, but I will not rush into buying anything. Once I get it to where I want it, Im not planning on spending any more money for years. My wife already thinks I'm nuts...she cant seem to understand why I sit in my two channel room listening to music at night with the lights out. Shes thinks im drinking again but I havent had a drop since 1989. I just love music.
        Two Channel Room

Comment

• Ron Reda
          • Jan 2003

Although not coupled to a Rotel CDP, I use the Musical Fidelity A324 DAC and love how it sounds. I am using the MF A3 CDP as a transport.

Comment

• rantzmar
            • May 2009

Thanks...I will be trying one (Cambridge). soon with Rotel CDP. Will let you know how it sounds.
            Two Channel Room

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"