X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

RSP 1570 questions/reviews

Hi everybody,

I auditioned Rotels RSP 1570 preamp tonight at a local dealers store and I must say this is one impressive sounding machine. :T

I would like to ask a few questions:

Is there a blue light that turns on around the volume knob or is it just on the power button? I see it on the website a blue light.(the black model)

It has Faroudja video processing. Is the video just as sharp as the audio sound on it through cable/sat? I never got a chance to audition this part tonight. I only auditioned blu ray and listened to 2 channel music.

What is the latest firmware update? Dealer said tonight that if I ordered one now any 1570 ordered will have the latest firmware updates. How do you access the firmware on this unit?

Other than that I think this is one fine unit and may pull the trigger on this one. It has the classic rotel sound for music, simple and easy to use. Remote is smaller too I see.

Any thoughts, comments, personal reviews or if you have a professional review link please do not hesitate to reply to this thread.

Thanks again Rotel forum members.

RoMan
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Hi RoMan!
    - No, its just a plastic ring around the volume, not illuminated.
    - Faroudja, its good, though you can degrade the picture if more than one scaler is in circuit. HDMI passes through unprocessed.
    - I believe the latesest firmware is: 1.1.6-090409, Video V1.12
    - Press and hold the MUTE button to display the firmware versions.
    - There are a couple of issues, my personal gripe is with HDMI source switching, but these will hopefully be addressed with firmware updates. Otherwise, as you say, its a very good sounding unit.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• RoMan
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mjb
      Hi RoMan!
      - No, its just a plastic ring around the volume, not illuminated.
      - Faroudja, its good, though you can degrade the picture if more than one scaler is in circuit. HDMI passes through unprocessed.
      - I believe the latesest firmware is: 1.1.6-090409, Video V1.12
      - Press and hold the MUTE button to display the firmware versions.
      - There are a couple of issues, my personal gripe is with HDMI source switching, but these will hopefully be addressed with firmware updates. Otherwise, as you say, its a very good sounding unit.

Thanks mjb. Can you be a bit more specific as to what issues besides HDMI source switching? Does it upconvert to HDMI? Say in the future I would buy a video scaler would it affect the picture or do I set to passthrough and let the video scaler take care of the picture? Need clarification on the video processing piece?

Thanks for your comment.

RoMan

Comment

• activ
        • Jul 2009

I'm not MJB but I thought I'd answer some of your questions.

It does upconvert to hdmi, picture looks good in my opinion.
        You could put a scaler between the source and the amp I suppose.
        The video processing piece doesn't actually have anything of interest I can mention here, it's basic and it works. There are no tweaking options whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• RoMan
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by activ
          I'm not MJB but I thought I'd answer some of your questions.

It does upconvert to hdmi, picture looks good in my opinion.
          You could put a scaler between the source and the amp I suppose.
          The video processing piece doesn't actually have anything of interest I can mention here, it's basic and it works. There are no tweaking options whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Thanks activ. I am in the middle of selling my Onkyo 876 to a friend because I have decided to go back to separates. I was using the Onkyo as a pre/amp but when I took a listen to the rsp 1570 I really thought the sound was fabulous in all modes. The Onkyo is a beautiful piece too dont get me wrong but I got used of the Rotel sound as I have the 1068 and it is in my bedroom. Simple and just a great sounding preamp for my RMB 1095.

The Onkyo also has some really cool features but in the end Rotel won for me and hopefully I will be getting this beauty in a month or so.

Thanks for your input and if others in Club Rotel has other reviews and/or professional reviews please do share. Much appreciated.

RoMan

Comment

• Ron Reda
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RoMan
            Is there a blue light that turns on around the volume knob or is it just on the power button? I see it on the website a blue light.(the black model)
            I think it's funny how much this question still gets asked (no offense to you at all)...it's been around since when I had my old RSP-1066 pre/pro.

Comment

• RoMan
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Ron Reda
              I think it's funny how much this question still gets asked (no offense to you at all)...it's been around since when I had my old RSP-1066 pre/pro.
              None taken Ron Reda...I guess through Rotels website it appears like its a light that's all so I needed to confirm it through the forum. And it was confirmed..haha..

RoMan

Comment

• Multiverse Joe
                • Aug 2009

Firmware update?

As an owner of a 1570 and wanting to 'install' the latest firmware I'd to know what it corrects or changes first. So far my search has proven fruitless. ops: Does any one here know?

Thanks
                Multiverse Joe

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"