X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarsi
    • Nov 2004

RVE 1060 Video Scaler worth investing?

I saw RVE 1060 video scaler (but only up to 1080i and only with 1 HDMI output) at my dealer place, I was wondering whether is it worth investing to enhance and renew to my RSP1098 (which I absolute adore)?

Apparently, it can fully integrated with RSP1098 via the RS232 ports between the two units and make switching of inputs selection seamlessly.

Anyone has any experience or opinion to share on this ? whether I should invest and get the video scaler to go with my HT

Thanks so much in advance.
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

I think it would be a good addition to the 1098 however I would wait for one that will do 1080p and has more then 2 HDMI in's. 2 is not enough, my HD cable box, PS3, and HDDVD fill 3 HDMI slots.

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

I want to "believe in" the 1060 but only doing 1080i already seems a little outdated for a new product. This is just my opinion but it seems like this is geared towards late adapters of HDTV as an temp solution. If it did 1080p I would probably run out and get one right now. Plus only 2 hdmi inputs is not enough.

That being said Kevin on this forum has one and if I remember correctly has been very happy with it. Its all about what suits your HT needs and this may be perfect for you.

Comment

• Clepto
        • Feb 2006

There's no good reason to go with the 1060, other than to add another rotel component to your list. Video Scaling and deinterlacing is much better handled with other devices.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Basically if you are here asking if the 1060 is worth it, it's not worth it for you.

It's an awesome product for people who need a scaler and some HDMI inputs, but don't need to know they need a scaler. Yes there are cheaper more advanced scalers out there, but Rotel's not going for that market right now.

The same scaler unit is in the new 1058 and is currently scaling to 1080P with a new firmware. If possible I'm sure we'll see an update for the RVE1060.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sarsi
            • Nov 2004

Thanks guys for your valuable advices, guess I will give this scaler a miss.

I does has the same concerns of getting one that has only 2 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output (since I have a project and a plasma in my setup). With only 1080i seem to be little out of date for a new product.

I am connecting my project via HDMI and plasma with the component, though my plasma has a HDMI but I have only one output from my DV9500. Actually, I don't need 1080p at this time since my plasma, project and DVD player only support up to 1080i. But I think it make lot of sense to go for anything new with 1080p for future upgrade of the other components.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"