X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

RVE 1070 video scaler

I for one am looking forward to Rotel's 1070 video scaler. My tv supports standard hi def formates which the 1070 provides.
    What I find exciting is the ability to watch normal satilite tv in hi def. I currently have only a few hi def stations and find myself only watching those stations. My dealer cannot find out anything from their Rotel source. They were last told it would be here this August. Alass, it's not.

Jeff
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I believe it's been delayed until they are absolutely sure it will be HDMI 1.3 compatible (or at least upgradeable to it).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jeff
      I for one am looking forward to Rotel's 1070 video scaler. My tv supports standard hi def formates which the 1070 provides.
      What I find exciting is the ability to watch normal satilite tv in hi def. I currently have only a few hi def stations and find myself only watching those stations. My dealer cannot find out anything from their Rotel source. They were last told it would be here this August. Alass, it's not.

Jeff
      if you want a scaler do some comparisions before you make the final choice. I.E. Iscan HD. Just becasue your TV accepts 1080i, 720p doesnt mean the processor isnt still being used.

Comment

• bullitt731
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        I believe it's been delayed until they are absolutely sure it will be HDMI 1.3 compatible (or at least upgradeable to it).

Kevin D.
        So how much longer will we have to wait; any guess. I believe several other companies that specialize in this specific type of equipment are releasing new models next month at CEDIA. I find it interesting that such a pains-takingly slow research and developement company like Rotel would even venture into such a fast paced market segment.
        Last edited by bullitt731; 19 August 2006, 22:21 Saturday.

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

Just make sure it can handle audio as well as video. Frankly, you'd be better served with an outboard scaler from lumagen or dvdo.

Comment

• Jeff
            • Dec 2004

If Kevin doesn't know the approximate release date , it appears that it'll be some time.

Vancouver, my tv is a Sony Hi Scan which is about 6 yrs old. The picture is great in Hi Def. It doesn't have an on board scaler as it has no hdmi imput. I will be looking into the Iscan HD. thanks for the recommendation.

Clepto, I'm not worried about audio. I own a killer audio system so feeding the audio to my HT pre/pro is the route of choice. I'm checking into Lumageo and Dvdo now.

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"