X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

Power conditioner

Just wondering...what power conditioner do you all use?

BTW I have the Rotel rb1080 and rc1090 pushing Canton speakers...and man this is a very good combination. These speakers are even clearer than my Paradigm Monitor 7's. So transparent. I am really surprised at the Canton brand and wonder why its not as popular as the other brand of speakers in the good old USA?
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hi rantzmar,

I DONT use a conditioner....go direct an wall :T
    Your powerampli give you the best sound without dynamique loss....

well in europa we don't have so much electricity up and down..

Style

Comment

• rantzmar
      • May 2009

what about the rest of your gear...CDP,PREAMP,SACD etc...
      Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I have two - Rotel RLC-1040 and an APC H15 (basically the same unit). I have 2 RB-1092 amps, RC-1082 pre, RC-1090 pre, RCC-1055 changer, RC-1075 CDP, Rega P7 TT. I have tried both amps with and without conditioning (plugged directly into the wall) and I could not tell an audible difference.

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

Also use the Rotel RLC-1040 and it works great. Even regulates voltage when needed. I plug EVERYTHING into it.

Used to have an APC H15 as well, and had no problems with it either.
          Brad

Comment

• rantzmar
            • May 2009

Well I just ordered a Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console PF31 because I want to be safe rather than sorry.
            Two Channel Room

Comment

• kmcheng
              • Jan 2008

I have had the Belkin PureAV PF30 for almost three years and have not had any problems with it. It is really there as a surge protector more than anything.

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

DIY balanced power with the 2-channel system. Belkin PF-60 with the HT system, mostly for its programmable switching/delay features and surge protection.

Comment

• rantzmar
                  • May 2009

You guy make me feel like I did the right thing by adding the Belkin. When I first asked about it, and style said what he said, I was thinking of not buying it, but I see I did the right thing by all of your responses. I thought I read some place that the amp is fine by just plugging it into the wall because of some internal protection in the amp, and that may be so, but I felt that it was not enough, and besides, what about the rest of the gear...so I decided to get one. I thought, if I have one in my home theater, why not my two channel system.
                  Two Channel Room

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

I have a Rotel RLC 1040 and I really like it. I never noticed how all over the place my voltage is. It got to the point where settings in my cable box would reset as a result. After hooking up the 1040 problem went away. I also like to see how much power is being used, and the switched outlet works perfect to turn my plasma back lighting on.

All that with surge protection, central grounding and convenience!

The only thing I plug directly into the wall is my amp.

Comment

• Tomys
                      • Mar 2009

I've just bought the "Power Plant Premier", don't know is it a right decision or not ? has any one using it ?

Comment

• rantzmar
                        • May 2009

dont know if you have done the right thing, but that one gret piece of gear you have just bought. Its suppose to be a energy regenarator. If it does what it says it can do, then I would say good for you.
                        Two Channel Room

Comment

• rantzmar
                          • May 2009

OK the Belkin arrived yesterday and it works great. But the instruction book is kinda week. Why is it a good thing to have the amp on a delay when its turned off and on?
                          Two Channel Room

Comment

• Glen B
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jul 2004

You want the amp to turn on after the preamp to avoid thumps that could damage your speakers. You also want the amp to turn off before the preamp for the same reason. Turning the preamp on and off while the amp is on may cause any turn-on/turn-off pulse appearing at the preamp's output to be amplified and sent to the speakers.

Comment

• planitismetal
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tomys
                              I've just bought the "Power Plant Premier", don't know is it a right decision or not ? has any one using it ?

I am using it for 6 months now, and I have made too many tests...
                              Maybe "style" has right for the power amp direct to the wall main, (I cannot decide which is better),
                              but for all the other equipment it is the best in market (for me)!!
                              I will have the chance to try Systems & Magic BlackNoise 2500 this September (too long I know) and I'm considering Russ Andrew's The Ultra PurifierBlock-Ag with MegaClamp for filtering the power amp...
                              I had a communication with PSAudio, and they have told me this:
                              "When using the Premier, you must must must remember to respect the power threshold.
                              Do not let your Premier be connected to units such that they surpass the 1200W mark.
                              Anything past this may cause permanent damage to your Premier."
                              [U]

Comment

• rantzmar
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Glen B
                                You want the amp to turn on after the preamp to avoid thumps that could damage your speakers. You also want the amp to turn off before the preamp for the same reason. Turning the preamp on and off while the amp is on may cause any turn-on/turn-off pulse appearing at the preamp's output to be amplified and sent to the speakers.
                                Well that answers my question and makes perfect sense. Thanks Glen B.

rantzmar
                                Two Channel Room

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"