X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

1066/1075 with a line conditioner?

hey folks.. new gear picked up this weekend with a panamax 5300.

is it preferred to hook up the amp to the line conditioner, or will it prevent the amp from "being all that it could be"? also, how do i go about using the 12v trigger for the pre-amp and the amp? is this bypassed since there is a delay option on the line conditioner?

slightly off-topic since it's not rotel gear- but is it good or not good to hook a powered sub to the line conditioner...

many thanks
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Valongi,

This is the optimal configuration that I have read through different forums.

Hook up the Amp and Pre-Amp to the line conditioner, utilizing the delay on the line conditioner, this is done by hooking up the AC plug to the designated outlet on your conditioner. You should be careful with the on/ off switch on your line conditioner it maybe for a miniplug connection (check you manual).

The subwoofer should be connected to a separate AC outlet that is on the same line with your equipment (I have a separate surge for mine).

Some also say that you should have your equipment hooked to a 20 amp fuse, I actually have mine hooked to a 15 amp fuse and it seems find for now, but adding more equipment creates a stronger demand on the amps.

This setup of course is dependent on your electrical wiring in your home, but this should establish a good guideline.

Good Luck,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"