X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powerdrive427
    • Jan 2010

Unbiased Advice sort by new member, Rotel and Bowers &Wilkins

Hi Guy's , Iam a new member and this is my first post [ Long time Rotel Buyer/Fan since 1982 . ]And my question to u guy's is ' Will my Rotel RB-1582 , Power my New [ on order 2wks wait ] , Bowers & Wilkins 804s ???? I will put up my configuration up for informed unbiased comment ; 1; Rotel RB-1582, 2; Rotel RSP-1570 7.1 HTSP/Pre , 3;Rotel RMB- 1565 5-C/P/Amp , 4; Bowers & Wilkins 804s Floorstanding loudspeakers , 5; Bowers & Wilkins HTMS 4 Centre , 6; Bowers and Wilkins CM-5 Surround/rears, 7; Bowers &Wilkins ASW-10CM Sub, 8; Loewe ART- 47 inch S/L Full HD+100 LCD TV , 9; Yamaha S2000 SACD Player, 10 Denon 2930 , 11; Panasonic DMR- BW 500 Blue-Ray HDD- HD-TV 500GB Twin-Tuner Recorder/ Burner . All the Rotel 15 Series gear is in that Premium Silver so is the LCD-TV , All Bowers & Wilkins Products is in ' Rosenut ' finish !! please feel free to give your views !!!!!! Cheers Brock.
  • powerdrive427
    • Jan 2010

Update ; Re; Rotel and Bowers & Wilkins

I for got to add all cabling ' Audio-Quest ' Mont-Blanc ' speaker cabling and Audi-Quest inter/Con's !!!!!!!!!! Cheers Brock.

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

The 1582 is the successor of the RB-991 and RB-1080 and was always a fine match with the 80x series. The 804 and 1080 was a good match, for the 803 and 802 the 1092 was a better match.

Unfortunately the B&W 8 series are rather power hungry and only really shine when played at a reasonable level. So a need a reasonable sized room ( more than 50m2) to get the best out of the 804.
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• powerdrive427
        • Jan 2010

Brock replying to eelco74

Do u think i will have an issue/problem powering ; The B&W's 804s and B&W HTM4s with my 15 Series Rotel RB-1582 ??????????????? If this is an issue i need 2 know now ! my friends !!!???

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

You won't have an issue with that combo. The RB-1582 is plenty of power for the 804S.

Eric

Comment

• powerdrive427
            • Jan 2010

Cheers from Brock . Re Rotel and Bowers & Wilkins combo

Thanks Eric , I really looking foward to hearing the entire system !! 100hrs to run the Bowers & Wilkins in ; i believe !! ?? , only 2weeks to go !!

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

They will change the most in the first 10 - 20 hours. After that they will settle in and really come into their own around 100 hours or so. Let us know how things are going once you get the system up and running.

Eric

Comment

• powerdrive427
                • Jan 2010

Rotel - Bowers & Wilkins Combo

Thanks Eric, it's taken me a long time to get to this entry level of ' real ' Hi-Fi , iv'e scratched 4 every DIME , and gradually up- graded , But i've ALWAYS had ' ROTEL Components from day ONE [ 1982 ] , ROTEL in my humble opp' ; has never failed to impress me , and has always ; EXCEEDED all expectations [ on every different loudspeaker's iv'e ever had !!, even up against my old Krell- Pre-amp , and My old Yamaha MX-1 [ thats heavy ]. Anyway , the system in full will be set up around 29 January !!!! i will post the results and Pic's . Cheers Brock.

Comment

• powerdrive427
                  • Jan 2010

Hey Guy's i now have this ' System ' UP AND RUNNING ' ; 1; Rotel RB-1582, 2; Rotel RSP-1570 7.1 HTSP/Pre , 3;Rotel RMB- 1565 5-C/P/Amp , 4; Bowers & Wilkins 804s Floorstanding loudspeakers , 5; Bowers & Wilkins HTMS 4 Centre , 6; Bowers and Wilkins CM-5 Surround/rears, 7; Bowers &Wilkins ASW-10CM Sub, 8; Loewe ART- 47 inch S/L Full HD+100 Twin-Tuner 250 GB ' inbuilt ' LCD TV , 9; Yamaha S2000 SACD Player, All the Rotel 15 Series gear is in that Premium Silver so is the LCD-TV , All Bowers & Wilkins Products is in ' Rosenut ' finish !! Cheers Brock ; PS , I was concerned that my new 15 series Rotel gear would not up 2 it !!! WELL, not only was I ' WRONG ' Completely !!! The Rotel Gear does it Very Easy , nice !! But i tried my ' KRELL ' $$$$ Intergrated Amp FOR A COMP, AND GUESS WHAT , IT COULD NOT !! I REPEAT NOT !! DO MY CURRENT SYSTEM JUSTICE IT WAS STRUGGLING !! My other Amp Yamaha MX1 did very well !! but let me cut to the chase !! The Bowers & Wilkins - Rotel Combo is in another league !! , and has completely ' changed the way i hear sound !! it's that good to my ears, i can't find words to explain ' The Beauty , Incredible , Mind blowing !!! And it I know a lot of you guys have better , and, thats great !!! i hope all u guy's u have even a quarter of the enjoyment i have !!
                  Thanks Brock Stone

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"